My hand puppet says I Love You (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Spent some time with special needs children today. I noticed a boy kept wandering away from his group and rather than tell him to go back, I kneeled down and we had a nice conversation about the animals. He put his hand up like a puppet and said my hand puppet can talk, and it says "I love you". I put my hand up like a puppet and said "I love you, too". He was so pleased that I had a hand puppet that could talk, and that it talked to him.

It was just a few simple minutes, and we each felt love.

A little while ago, I read a story on Psychic Focus with a similar message. http://psychicfocus.blogspot.com/2018/05/special-delivery-zen-and-art-of-little.html

Persevering, I lifted my sunglasses to look her in the eyes and continued with; “I am here to say the words “I love You” and I am not the only one. There are angels right behind me waiting to help you. All you need to do is ask. So, if you were asking for a sign, this is it.” I smiled at her and I was turning to leave as she looked in the bakery bag and gasped. In a long excellation, she whispered; ” Gooey Butter cookies.” And I could see tears as the doors closed behind me. I will probably never know why the gooey butter cookies were important but it just goes to show many hands work in every miracle.

My Grandmother sometimes would say "angels unaware" as a comment on a person doing something very nice and also as reminder to take opportunities to act like an angel. It is 60+ years later, and the phrase is as fresh and meaningful as ever. Today, I felt that the boy and I allowed our angel sides to come forth. There were no flames, trumpets, or brilliant lights, just 2 people having a moment of genuine connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)