Promoted Must Love Dogs (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
If you go to Mersana Therapeutics in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, you likely will run into dogs. Several employees raise puppies to be service dogs. Since these dogs need lots of experience with different people and in different settings, going to work with their people is part of the training.

I can see this being a good mix because having dogs around helps people relax. How many times have you been worried or stressed and looked into the face of your buddy and felt it all float away. Although the dogs are not allowed in the labs, they hang out in offices and even go to meetings. (I have to admit that I'm smiling at the idea of walking into a meeting with one of my big guys with me.)

On any given day, anywhere from one to six dogs can be found walking the halls of Mersana’s offices on Memorial Drive. The company’s chief business officer, Eva Jack, participates in Canine Companions for Independence, a nonprofit program in which volunteer “puppy raisers” like her provide homes for aspiring service dogs before they are placed with children, adults and veterans with disabilities.

But Mersana’s most impressive feat might be that its employees remain productive despite working alongside puppies. https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/news/2017/11/01/a-requirement-at-this-cambridge-biotech-must-love.html?ana=e_bost_bio&s=newsletter&ed=2017-11-02&u=16617299604ce0c56c5e6ccaa41cbf&t=1509657584&j=79101531

Once they are about 2 years old, they go on to specialized training in specific areas. It takes people with big hearts to commit to raising puppies and then letting them go. Knowing that they will help others in need has to help. Although I'm not a big fan of drug companies, these people are doing something extraordinary!

{(Laron) This thread has been promoted to the front page of transients.info. Any responses here will show within the front page comments.}

Last edited by a moderator:

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Woof! this is awesome. I have a friend who is deaf and has a "hearing poodle" She is amazing and clearly loves her work and responsibilities. Working with animals makes us more human though I can sense the animals saying "Working with humans makes us more Divine"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)