Music Part Two (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I came across this and thought I'd share it here. It's a classical piano piece by Mozart written for 2 pianos. I Love this stuff, I'd love to hear a version for guitar. The visuals transcribe the music in bars. It's much like having the written music scrolling as the artists play. This is the creator's website http://musanim.com/about_sammam.htm
This way of 'scripting' music seems so much more intuitive, in that it gives considerably more information on what is being played. I love it.
For example, the shapes of the 'notes' and the colours to denote sequences of a particular instrument, easily and intuitively denote bits that can b picked out.
Plus I love the music and have been using it as background as I address other things on my computer<3

I'm intrigued!:cool:

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Okay, since I have some time again now ... it's "time" for sth different again ... very different ... :nail

Shamanic Bronze Age Ambient Metal (... or so ;))

... some are 'shocked' (it's that wtf-moment on first viewing/listening), some fall into a trance and even say the their cats fall into trance and watch the TV all the time when this is on (try it if you have cats or dogs!) ... O.o:D ... many then love it or begin to love it after the first shock is survived (including me) ... well, but I love some crazy shit in music live performances like this, I guess you know that already :D:p

Heilung is German and means indeed: "Healing" in English. The vocalist with the dark throat singing voice is a 'real' shaman. It seems they perform even magickal shamanic rituals on stage, at least for show effects. Otherwise it's very tribal. Basic. Raw. And yet the lady's voice is enchanting and heavenly. Quite a contrast. But so is life.

Background interview:
https://www.revolvermag.com/music/how-denmarks-heilung-are-creating-amplified-history-human-bones-throat-singing
"In order to connect to what was before," says Christopher Juul," you have to disconnect from what is now."
That's essentially the mission statement of Heilung, the Danish producer's hypnotic multi-media project with German vocalist Kai Uwe Faust and Norwegian singer Maria Franz.Conjuring the primal wildness of the Viking era and Northern European Bronze Age, the trio blends the cinematic clang of human bones, reconstructed swords and frame drums with brooding lyrics borrowed and re-contextualized from rune stones, amulets and other ancient artifacts. Over Juul's percussive soundscapes, Faust bellows like a Tibetan monk raised on death metal — a darkness balanced out by Franz's soothing coo, which draws on her years of studying traditional Norwegian techniques. The end product is "amplified history" — a genre of their own design.
From the band's websites:

www.facebook.com/amplifiedhistory

Remember, that we all are brothers All people, beasts, trees and stone and wind We all descend from the one great being That was always there Before people lived and named it Before the first seed sprouted

Heilung is amplified history from early medieval northern Europe and should not be mistaken for a modern political or religious statement of any kind.

:cool:

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
A favorite song of mine from PJ's Hobbit movies, this one from The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey

One of my faves.
Had that one on repeat one day for about an hour or 2 before I tired of it. I was doing something else with it as background music.
For some reason it was available that wayo_O

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Following many YT vids from the amazing prodigy Senri Kawagutchi (quite a fanboy I am, yeah <:)) it can also be found that from time to time she likes to 'rock'n'roll' instead of doing her usual jazz thing.

Here's one cover version. Many long rock guitar solos in it, so I have a slight feeling that Pucksterguy might really like this live performance :cool::

Another one with guitar and drum solo from a few more years ago:

Reactions: Pucksterguy

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
And just for a short time or even only today ... let's drop all the easy listening, mind candy and froth for some truly serious and historical CLASSICAL music!

This is a live performance of a piece from the Norwegian classical orchestral composer Edvard Grieg (1843 – 1907) called "In The Hall Of The Mountain King" from the five-act play Peer Gynt.

Wikipedia information:
"In the Hall of the Mountain King" (Norwegian: I Dovregubbens hall) is a piece of orchestral music composed by Edvard Grieg in 1875 as incidental music for the sixth scene of act 2 in Henrik Ibsen's 1867 play Peer Gynt. It was originally part of Opus 23 but was later extracted as the final piece of Peer Gynt, Suite No. 1, Op. 46. Its easily recognizable theme has helped it attain iconic status in popular culture, where it has been arranged by many artists (See Grieg's music in popular culture).

The English translation of the name is not literal. Dovre is a mountainous region in Norway, and "gubbe" translates into (old) man or husband. "Gubbe" is used along with its female counterpart "kjerring" to differentiate male and female trolls, "trollgubbe" and "trollkjerring". In the play, Dovregubben is a troll king that Peer Gynt invents in a fantasy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Hall_of_the_Mountain_King
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edvard_Grieg
Caution: The audience in this dignified concert hall seems a bit over-excited by the impressive musical performance. I cannot fully explain their behaviour at this classy venue though, seems to be lacking respect somehow. Not the usual opera audience for sure. It seems to be a quite inappropriate conduct. Some might find it even outrageous.

Or maybe they were a part of the enactment as stage? Representing the trolls army of that troll king the musicians perforrm and sing about? Because yet, on some level, it fits the musical rhythm and tone in a strange way. But judge for yourselves.

:))

Reactions: Pucksterguy

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
interesting instrument i didn't knew of such an

here an other version, i don't know what they have in the north

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
well by the way a great composition of a group with the highlight the slapstick :)

Reactions: Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
well by the way a great composition of a group with the highlight the slapstick :)

yeah, cool, I know all of the musicians, progressive supergroup with keyboarder of Dream Theater as well as the former drummer of Dream Theater, Mike Portnoy, guit player looks familiar too (DT too?), so it is almost all DT with Levin - and I always loved the bass player Tony Levin because he played so great on all Peter Gabriel Tours, e.g. here:

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
yes sinera thx

the guitar player is john petrucci sorry if i wrote it bad, only the one with the bass is not dream theater

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
jaw harp (tromp) is a cool instrument, the female singer's voice is mesmerizing to me

same song in a rare front live recording, again ... her voice and singing style ... o_O

:cool:

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
More beautiful nature music and imagery from Wardruna.

P.S. For the drummers among us: The song is in 5/8th throughout.

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
lying down on the bed to recover a bit i had a masterpiece of a disolved group in mind, my good times when my music was wilder

Last edited:

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
lying down on the bed to recover a bit i had a masterpiece of a disolved group in mind, my good times when my music was wilder
Aerials, Lost in Hollywood, Chop Suey, Toxicity and BYOB still my favourites.
But they are not officially dissolved. They still exist, just on hiatus.

Reactions: Alain

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Innervision
Breathe in. We tread in the mind we see, wind blows now.
Breathe out. Telling the mind to flee, inside the windshelter.
Breathe in. Mind-eye shows sound, inside my mind.
Breathe out. From its home and from its harbor, wind goes forth.
Breathe in.
Innervision.

Hugsjá
Andast inn. I hugen sjå me hugen trå, det vinder nå.
Andast ut. Prater hugen for å flygg, i vindenly.
Andast inn. Minneauget viser ljud, i mitt sinn.
Andast ut. Frå sin heim og frå sin hav, inn og fram.
Andast inn.
Hugsjá

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/hugsjá-innervision.html

John Helios

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 31, 2016
www.HeliosJournal.com
"Come on Let's Go" by Broadcast

You won't find it by yourself, you're gonna need some help
And you won't fail with me around, come on, let's go
I will tell you if you change and who's been saying things
It's hard to tell who is real in here, come on, let's go
You know who to turn to, now everything's changed, come on, let's go
Stop looking for answers in everyone's face, come on, let's go

What's the point in wasting time
On people that you'll never know, come on, let's go

When you're looking for a friend but it's empty at the end
When everybody's disappeared you won't be alone
If you want I'll compensate, if you over estimate
So there's nothing left to fear, you won't be alone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)