Moon Maiden (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
Our recent discussions about the moon reminded me of a poem I wrote back in the nineties.
Don’t know where it came from, just started filling my head. So I thought I would share it.

Moon Maiden

She floats on a bed of velvet black
Sprinkled with golden dust
She spins and weaves her magic spell
To trap you in your lust

She dances on the moon and stars
Arrayed in gossamer sheen
Shimmering ghostly pale
Her hair a silver stream

She beckons then she flits away
Chase her if you please
She’s here, she’s there, she’s everywhere
She only means to tease

Can you catch this maiden fair
She’s not quite what she seems
Can you hold a puff of wind
Or feel a gold moonbeam

Can you ride the universe
Count stars in their profusion
Can you harness perfect love
Can you touch illusion.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
She beckons then she flits away
Chase her if you please
She’s here, she’s there, she’s everywhere
She only means to tease
I loved the line, She's here, she's there, she's everywhere

I thought you placed that perfectly, as it protruded out off the tongue mid way.

OP
June

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
Beautiful poem you wrote. Have you published this?
Funny you should ask that, Anaeika, there was a competition for poems that would be published in an Anthology should they win.

I sent mine in, expecting nothing and that is exactly what I got...nothing lol
They did write to me saying how good it was and they would like to include it in the anthology.
No mention that I’d won one of the prizes, just carefully worded to suggest that if I ordered a copy, at the cost of, I think it was around £35, it would be included.
That was a lot of money for a book twenty years ago.

I replied declining their generous offer, explaining that it wouldn’t be pleasing to me to see my work included simply because I purchased a copy.

I didn’t mention that I had no intention of being scammed.

Reactions: Lila and Anaeika

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I didn’t mention that I had no intention of being scammed.
I had the same situation occur about 20 years ago now, and the site was poetry.com (may be different owners right now). I submtited some poems and two got published in their book which they tried to sell to me. (A family member did end up buying it but now I know it was a scam — back then I didn't realize) The book was packed full of poems. I've never seen so many in such small print all in the one book!

Last edited:
OP
June

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
I had the same situation occur about 20 years ago now, and the site was poetry.com (may be different owners right now). I submtited some poems and two got published in their book which they tried to sell to me. (A family member did end up buying it but now I know it was a scam — back then I didn't) The book was packed full of poems. I've never seen so many in such small print all in the one book!
Must have been one of the popular scams back then, although I didn’t know the word at the time, I sure knew there was something dodgy, it was just the way it was done, and the crafty wording.

Being a sceptic comes in handy occasionally.:))

Reactions: Anaeika and Laron

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I had the same situation occur about 20 years ago now, and the site was poetry.com (may be different owners right now). I submtited some poems and two got published in their book which they tried to sell to me. (A family member did end up buying it but now I know it was a scam — back then I didn't) The book was packed full of poems. I've never seen so many in such small print all in the one book!
I had the exact same experience - also about 17-18 years ago. I think my scammer was calling it Poetry in Action.

Reactions: Lila and Laron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)