1. Welcome Guest
    Welcome to the Roundtable Forum, the community boards for www.transients.info. If you have an account already, please log in, otherwise feel free to sign up. Note that you will be unable to post new threads, reply to existing threads, or have access to some boards and information unless you are logged in after signing up with a forum account. By being registered you can also post comments on front page articles using your forum Account.
    Dismiss Notice

Mindful children's books

Discussion in 'Conscious Parenting' started by Angela, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Angela

Angela Experienced Traveler

I love getting books for my son. He's almost 5 and we have gone through so many library books, always pleased when we read a special find. We also have a beautiful selection of classics and a sundry of topics to choose from at home too.

While I have a list of books that are just all - out wonderful in general, I wanted to share a few that relate more to practicing mindfulness and awareness for kids.

SmartSelectImage_2018-01-26-21-27-00.png

This book, 'Sometimes I Feel Like A Fox' actually goes through animal totems and relates them to different emotions that children feel. It was a library find and we really loved it.

15170278456381790153754.jpg

'Moody Cow Meditates' goes through a mad cow's day. Grandfather comes by and teaches him stillness by way of watching glitter in a jar settle. It's a good physical demonstration of seeing our anger calm down and actually gives directions to make your own for your own child.
    The story is engaging and my son understands the message very well.

1517028203907665547635.jpg

'Each Breath A Smile' is a really relaxing book to read. I read it to my son tonight, actually. He had a particularly trying day today and the pace of the book, and the theme teaches the importance of breath. It's calming and you can breath in and out with the lines.

These last two books I found on a website (that I don't have anymore) that listed a bunch of books they had found for their kids which offered a different spiritual side than the oft found religious books.

Does anyone have any other mindful children's books they want to share?

• Moderator Award (Great post!) Moderator Award (Great post!) x 2
  2. Linda

Linda Sweetheart of the Rodeo Staff Member Global Moderator Administrator Board Moderator

Thanks for this post. We usually give books for gifts, and I'm always looking for ideas.

• I agree with you. I agree with you. x 1
  3. Anaeika

Anaeika Visiting Paragon Staff Member Board Moderator

These books look great! I’ll order them through my local library.

Here is the book we checked out from the library. The author is the paleontologist from Dinosaur Train. He advocates getting up, out, & into nature. An added perk is a quote at the beginning of each chapter.

93EF5629-8F27-4AA0-9F8F-E82FE0305FD6.jpeg

• I'm intrigued by this! I'm intrigued by this! x 1