Meditation - There's an app for that (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I'm not big on apps, but I know others find them very useful. Insight Timer has a meditation app for IPhones and androids with a wide selection of free meditations, as well as a meditation community that seems a lot like FB.

The meditations range from from the more spiritual (Thich Nhat Hanh) to those favored by many business people (mindfulness, peak performance). There also is a section called, Peace in our Timer, that shows how many hours people are meditating for world peace. They say every month their community meditates one million hours for peace.

As a teacher, I can tell you that most success comes from starting where your students are and teaching step by step until the goal is reached. I see apps like this working in the same way. They are reaching more people across the world. I don't care if someone learns to stop a moment and reflect, rather than react through meditation and self-examination or learning to be mindful. What matters to me is that people grasp the idea of taking the time to consider a situation because this is the moment where awareness of others and self resides and knowing love follows.

https://insighttimer.com/

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Let us know what you all think about it, please - favorite parts - types of meditations - etc.

Reactions: Stargazer

Archetypal Dreamer

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 27, 2016
Hi Linda,

Apologies - I'm only grabbing this app now. I've been so busy with work and home that I totally forgot about it until my subconscious gave me a nudge a few moments ago.

I'll try it out today / tonight and report back :)

Reactions: Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)