Let's Explore our Fears! (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
Fear is predominantly a human experience. We've all had one or some during some part of our lives. But, where do they come from? Past lives?

Well, I remember an odd fear I had back in the earlier reaches of my memory. I remember, about when I was in Kindergarden I had "it" and I overcame "it" soon after. The fear was of being alone in a white room. It's pretty specific, yet I remember it clearly. Thus, I remember that this "fear" would occur whenever I went into the bathroom and that I didn't want to close the door all the way as the outside world might just disappear. I knew it wasn't normal as noone else acted the same way (thus, why I overcame it as it wasn't needed).

What do you think about this?
(I have my own thoughts, but I'll post them later)

Nowadays I find comfort in solitude/ quiet places. Also in the confines of nature and remember everywhere is a part of nature! :p

Reactions: Stargazer and Laron

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
A bathroom is a small room. One might find trapped in it if confined to staying there longer. Maybe this feeling of being trapped could indeed stem from a past life when you were imprisoned in a small and cold cell of a jail or dungeon maybe?

Another possibility would be the usual child's fear of doctors examinations and their clinical rooms which also explains the fear of white rooms.

Reactions: Stargazer and Brian

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Fear is predominantly a human experience. We've all had one or some during some part of our lives. But, where do they come from? Past lives?

Nowadays I find comfort in solitude/ quiet places. Also in the confines of nature and remember everywhere is a part of nature! :p
Interesting thread, Brian!

When I was very young (about 4 or 5, if I recall correctly), my parents had a friend who had an inflatable raft with a motor. We were all at the beach one day and my mom and dad wanted to take me out on the boat on a cold and foggy San Francisco Bay, but I refused to go. They lifted me in and I fought, kicking and screaming, until they put me back on the beach. When they went out just a little ways and putted around, I watched, crying--thinking the boat would sink and they would all drown.

For quite some time after, I had very vivid dreams of drowning in very dark water--and then finding myself awake and breathing under the water.

As I recall this now, I don't think I had any earlier experiences with near-drowning or dark water (only perhaps choking a bit on water in our brightly lit bathroom with a white tub). Since entertaining the thought of reincarnation, I've felt fairly certain those dreams and my fear of that boat were carryovers from a previous life in which I either drowned or came close to it. In fact, I really think the part of the dream where I woke up under the water and found myself "breathing" may be a memory of when I previously left my body and became conscious that I had died.

Reactions: Lila and Brian

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
Interesting thread, Brian!

By the way...I forgot to mention that quite a few sources I've read believe (as I do) that most of us have had thousands of lives and we've experienced death in just about every way imaginable (burning, hanging, illness, old age, drowning, war, etc.). One of the more comforting concepts I've discovered along the way is that death is said to be a very easy transition and oftentimes our consciousness actually leaves the body before it experiences any suffering. Some of the physical reactions we may see are simply the unanimated body and nerves reacting to whatever stimulus caused its death.

In any case, in the overall scheme of things, the time spent during the death itself is said to pass very quickly--and it's often said that the feelings of joy and bliss we have on the other side more than make up for any pain or discomfort we might experience in the transition.

Brad

Spiritual & Meditation Teacher
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
www.mindful-meditations.com

Well, I remember an odd fear I had back in the earlier reaches of my memory. I remember, about when I was in Kindergarden I had "it" and I overcame "it" soon after. The fear was of being alone in a white room. It's pretty specific, yet I remember it clearly. Thus, I remember that this "fear" would occur whenever I went into the bathroom and that I didn't want to close the door all the way as the outside world might just disappear. I knew it wasn't normal as noone else acted the same way (thus, why I overcame it as it wasn't needed).

This is an interesting thread Brian, thanks for starting it. :)

Lately I am having a great deal of fear surfacing about the potential of being in a relationship. I've been told I was a priest/shaman in a past life and was very dedicated to my path. In this priest life, I had someone interested in me, but chose my relationship with God over her. I've been told I will meet this girl again in this lifetime, but she still carries the rejection and hurt from this past life.

In the present day the thought of being in a relationship scares me, and I am finding myself subconsciously wanting to sabotage a friendship I have with a girl, which I am trying to work on at the moment.

Last edited:

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
As a child I had lots of strange behaviours, also related to fears, social fears to start with, but also peculiar ones, such as this:

One was that I was filled with terror when I had to eat a lump of meat, even when reaching school age. And even when my mother cut it into small pieces for me I could hardly do it. Even when I was reminded to chew it thoroughly before swallowing and did so. I had this fear nevertheless. Sometimes even sheer terror.

The exception was the more squashy type of minced meat (burgers) which I could eat without fear because it was not that solid. So by conclusion it was the fear of the 'firmness' of it. I would have run away from any steak or schnitzel. Strange because I had no problem with other bigger solid things. It was just that I felt I would die from meat by choking and suffocating.

Maybe in a past life I choked to death on one? :eek:;)

It was not because of the animal thing although I loved animals of course. Later I indeed became a vegetarian as an adult to this very day now, but the reason for this childhood fear was not animal love back then.

It is even so very strange today when I think about it. :confused:

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
This is an interesting thread Brian, thanks for starting it. :)

Lately I am having a great deal of fear surfacing about the potential of being in a relationship. I've been told I was a priest/shaman in a past life and was very dedicated to my path. In this priest life, I had someone interested in me, but chose my relationship with God over her. I've been told I will meet this girl again in this lifetime, but she still carries the rejection and hurt from this past life.

In the present day the thought of being in a relationship scares me, and I am finding myself subconsciously wanting to sabotage a friendship I have with a girl, which I am trying to work on at the moment.
In many ways, I feel we humans have a lot of old habits regarding karma that ultimately aren't too helpful. One of them is a tendency for us to punish ourselves for (or beat ourselves up over) things we've done in the past. If we can't find a way to somehow "step off" these endless cycles of karmic balancing, we seem almost doomed to repeat them, life after life, forever!

Brad, do you think your wanting to sabotage your friendship is one of those old habits? If so, one of the only ways I can think of to get past that endless karmic cycle of hurting others/punishing self is to forgive yourself completely and approach it from the angle of love and healing. It sounds like you've probably already doing that. But if you're anything like me, the love and healing part is easy, but forgiveness part (especially for myself) often isn't.

Frankly, as I see it, you didn't really do anything "wrong" in that previous life. You simply made a choice that was best for your growth at that time. If this other person was hurt by it, perhaps it was their lesson to learn. Or perhaps it was a karmic debt that was playing itself out in that life. In either case, I understand that perhaps you may somehow feel responsible for that choice and their subsequent rejection, but ultimately, we can't always be responsible for how others feel about our choices.

You did what you felt was right in this past life, you obviously feel love, compassion, and understanding for this other person, and you're interested in helping them (and yourself) heal from this experience. Your intentions and "Higher" Self will guide you to the highest possible outcome for this experience/lesson. You can count on that!

<3

Reactions: Lila

Brad

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
In many ways, I feel we humans have a lot of old habits regarding karma that ultimately aren't too helpful. One of them is a tendency for us to punish ourselves for (or beat ourselves up over) things we've done in the past. If we can't find a way to somehow "step off" these endless cycles of karmic balancing, we seem almost doomed to repeat them, life after life, forever!

Brad, do you think your wanting to sabotage your friendship is one of those old habits? If so, one of the only ways I can think of to get past that endless karmic cycle of hurting others/punishing self is to forgive yourself completely and approach it from the angle of love and healing. It sounds like you've probably already doing that. But if you're anything like me, the love and healing part is easy, but forgiveness part (especially for myself) often isn't.

Frankly, as I see it, you didn't really do anything "wrong" in that previous life. You simply made a choice that was best for your growth at that time. If this other person was hurt by it, perhaps it was their lesson to learn. Or perhaps it was a karmic debt that was playing itself out in that life. In either case, I understand that perhaps you may somehow feel responsible for that choice and their subsequent rejection, but ultimately, we can't always be responsible for how others feel about our choices.

You did what you felt was right in this past life, you obviously feel love, compassion, and understanding for this other person, and you're interested in helping them (and yourself) heal from this experience. Your intentions and "Higher" Self will guide you to the highest possible outcome for this experience/lesson. You can count on that!

<3
Hi Stargazer, thanks for your thoughts and advice. :)

I think because I've been very committed to my spiritual path in this life and others, I am not used to being in a relationship, so there is fear surrounding it. Because it is not familiar or what I am used to.

While I have had many opportunities over the years to have a relationship, it has always felt as if I am going against the grain.

I guess my soul still feels there is an agreement to be single, from that lifetime as a priest.

Because I am conscious of it, as you say I can work with healing this aspect of myself and writing a new agreement if I choose too.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts on this.

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
www.lornawilsonqhhthealing.co.uk
I guess my soul still feels there is an agreement to be single, from that lifetime as a priest.
Do you know if you took a vow of celibacy or some other vow as a past priest that is still in affect now? Some fascinating stuff shows up with vows in Past Life Regressions. The subconscious doesn't recognise that one life has ended and another begun and things like vows may run continuously until they are broken.

Brad

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
Do you know if you took a vow of celibacy or some other vow as a past priest that is still in affect now? Some fascinating stuff shows up with vows in Past Life Regressions. The subconscious doesn't recognise that one life has ended and another begun and things like vows may run continuously until they are broken.
Hi Lorna, Yes I think that might be the case with me and the past life I had as a priest.

Reactions: Stargazer

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
One of the more comforting concepts I've discovered along the way is that death is said to be a very easy transition and oftentimes our consciousness actually leaves the body before it experiences any suffering. Some of the physical reactions we may see are simply the unanimated body and nerves reacting to whatever stimulus caused its death.
I can confirm the above Stargazer from working as a regression therapist. I cannot tell you how often people in traumatic deaths describe themselves away from the body while they watch their body - which they have no attachment to- die. I'm also told that death is far easier and more pleasant than birth.

One person had this to had this to say about death: “I know that death is nothing to fear now…it actually feels pretty amazing, better than birth. Birth is scary, it is a rush, and you go from being an active soul to a little body that can’t function. When you die you float, you bounce and you go back to love.”

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
Hi Lorna, Yes I think that might be the case with me and the past life I had as a priest.
One of the things that souls seem to do when they plan our programs is for us to release other aspects from the earth trap of emotional limitations. e.g those feelings are prevalent with you because you may be designed to release the soul from that anchor. Nothing dramatic needs to be done to break that vow/spell and can be done by choice. e.g choosing something else, or it can be done in a more ceremonious way, or through your own meditation. If you don't break that vow from a belief system then another soul aspect will at some point in 3D time/space.

In the 80's when Aids came on the scene they did some past life research with gay men who were affected. They found that close to 80% had taken vows of celibacy in the past as priests. No wonder their guilt and the underlying program of the vow was still affecting them in that sexual area of their lives!

Brad

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
One of the things that souls seem to do when they plan our programs is for us to release other aspects from the earth trap of emotional limitations. e.g those feelings are prevalent with you because you may be designed to release the soul from that anchor. Nothing dramatic needs to be done to break that vow/spell and can be done by choice. e.g choosing something else, or it can be done in a more ceremonious way, or through your own meditation. If you don't break that vow from a belief system then another soul aspect will at some point in 3D time/space.

In the 80's when Aids came on the scene they did some past life research with gay men who were affected. They found that close to 80% had taken vows of celibacy in the past as priests. No wonder their guilt and the underlying program of the vow was still affecting them in that sexual area of their lives!
Thanks for the information Lorna. :)

I think this issue is surfacing at the moment to clear the vow and make a new agreement, If i desire to.

That's interesting about the past lives of the gay men.

OP
Brian

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California

Never quoted myself before but here we go. Lol. I would agree of the possibility of past life occurrences as a potential for the cause; however, I was more leaning towards the possibility of repressed memories from an abduction(s) as somehow fear is able to leak through said memories, thus pointing us to the direction of something that is effecting us.

Last edited:
OP
Brian

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
On a different note. I was wondering if I might have done the same as you by taking a vow of celibacy in a past life. I don't shy away from others; however, I would if there is 'romance' in the air.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I never got around to reading this thread so I'm finally taking a look now. When I first read Brian's original post, what came to mind was images of an abduction type experience but possibly not limited to this one life, but perhaps connected into a past life(s). But then from what I have come across, something like this would be related to the current life in terms of an event from the past. I feel Brian is a volunteer soul though.

I was wondering if I might have done the same as you by taking a vow of celibacy in a past lif
One of my major patterns in this life has been relationship after relationship, along with my heart being broken most of those times, kind of like the opposite of taking a vow of celibacy. It's built me up in terms of lessons learnt, and strengths gained, and has helped me get through other situations surrounding all those hurtful experiences, over the years.

Overcoming fear has been a big part of my life, as I have got passed so many of them. I have found they are directly connected into ego and spiritual progression — it's important to get over your fears, but to pick and choose based on what you can handle, as well as the timing in terms of conquering them; otherwise it can heavily impact your life if you take on too much. I know, we can't also pick and choose but I have been able to at times.

I have more there of course, such as jumping into the limelight in a greater sense. For example, the thought of being interviewed on a radio type show is not something I find appealing, which I have had a few offers to do over the past couple of years. However I understand where this fear comes from as I grew up with extreme social phobia and have done very well to overcome what I have overcome so far, I think! I have more to do around this area of fear, but I don't feel I have to rush into it. It's kind of connected into having the destiny of being a leader though.

When growing up at school I was bullied in a bit of an intense way. Would this be a fear? It was back then, as I was constantly worrying about going into school and having it occur. It heavily impacted how well I did at school, which was terrible because of how much I hated being there. It took me a long time to overcome that fear, but I did, and I went beyond just overcoming it. I reached the point of being the one people would look to for protection, strength and courage. I won't put up with anything like that now and I will face down any challenge as a result of how I was treated. In addition to loosing my fear of death because of my direct metaphysical based experiences, I can be a bit imposing at times I think, but I'm all cuddly on the inside. <:)

Samara

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Passau, Germany
such as jumping into the limelight in a greater sense.
ha! yeah! thats my fear too lol :D

although I can't shake off the feeling that I will "have to" do that sooner or later... its like I'm destined to do it even though I have no idea how or when or why. I don't feel like a leader but I feel like I'm going to be one no matter if I want to or not... does that make sense?
Still feel I have quite a bit to learn still before I have the qualities for one, especially in setting my limits and being firm on my decisions...

as I grew up with extreme social phobia
I never was at the doc or anything to confirm this but I guess I grew up with that too... and in my life too I kept getting situations in which I was to learn to overcome it and I did make great progress over time :)
There's still more to go though, I still fear standing up to myself and claiming my rights and demanding what I want, which I am working on right now :)

OP
Brian

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
One of my major patterns in this life has been relationship after relationship, along with my heart being broken most of those times, kind of like the opposite of taking a vow of celibacy. It's built me up in terms of lessons learnt, and strengths gained, and has helped me get through other situations surrounding all those hurtful experiences, over the years.
Thankyou Laron! Your story reminds me of myself a bit. I'll tell you why right now. Actually, this theme you just mentioned fits in perfectly with me. We all know what 'best friends' are. My whole life, at least before I decided to take hold of the reigns in my life, there was this pattern that would keep on occurring. My friends would always move away. It started with my first best friend as he moved away. I felt odd but moved on, little did I know this would occur again and again. I was always a mix of an introvert and extrovert, basically whatever I felt like expressing. I too was bullied back in the day in school, but always had friends who would defend me and I would end up making peace with the bully or pacify them by not responding with malice, which in effect could fuel them to continue said aggression because reflecting aggression back can cause said cycle. Anyways, this pattern continued until my heart broke, I guess this is where the 'dark nights of your soul' would fit in as depression fits that label. I always loved those around me, no matter who they were, are, or will be, but because of this I always allowed others to rely on me for support without ever sharing my pains and sorrows with them... I of course managed to recover as this was one of my spiritual lessons. Thus, I learned even if friends moved away and people drift apart due to families moving or because friends end up going to different schools, friendships in themselves do not have to die if one is willing to try to keep them alive. Convenience isn't always the best route, taking detours will sometimes lead you to those things of greater value.

Now, I always searched for the truth from a young age, facing your fears or in this case, facing my fears was also one of those things that I sought to do. The first fear was the one I mentioned above. I beat that as soon as I realized that I had the power to change. Soon after as I said above. Later, I had a fear of water (this is probably because of one time where I went under... blank... then I woke up out of the water). Stage fright was another, thus I joined a club and did speeches and interviews. Then, performed in a play at my school, thus finally overcoming that fear. Fears are challenges to be overcomed, lessons to be learned.

Now, the celibacy part isn't really a fear. However, sort of the result of a way on how I view others. I love others; however, as most humans are, sexually attracted to one another, I am not (Of course, one can be loving to others and be in a relationship too!). I cannot see myself putting a single person on top of a pedestal above the rest of my friends. Possibly it is a fear, yet I found it interesting when I heard from metaphysical teachings that we are androgynous as souls. So, it is also possible that it isn't a fear of mine.

Currently, when I meditated on what to do next in my life, school appeared, so finish that then the rest will follow.

Thanks again Laron for sharing yourself! Hope these thoughts of mine above make sense as it's hard to describe everything with words sometimes. :p

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia

I think your fear of being in a white room was as visceral as fear of death. The reason being, that contrary to what might be portrayed in our literature and arts, etc, the realm of death or at least what one passes through during transition is white. The Indian cultures recognise this by wearing white for mourning, not black. My daughter also remembers a white place, before birth. It is the ante-room!

OP
Brian

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
Sometimes fears are nothing more than programs running to create the likelihood that our consciousness is filtered in particular ways that we must break free of. We do personalise them though as we are emotional beings. They often manifest early as things we reject.
Mmm interesting. As its not like our soul feels fear, so they are totally human; however, with knowing what fears we'll experience incarnated.

I think your fear of being in a white room was as visceral as fear of death. The reason being, that contrary to what might be portrayed in our literature and arts, etc, the realm of death or at least what one passes through during transition is white. The Indian cultures recognise this by wearing white for mourning, not black. My daughter also remembers a white place, before birth. It is the ante-room!
I didn't know that. Another possibility from between this life and my life, which might have caused it. Plus, it makes sense in the terms of my incarnation had just begun, so some soul memores were still intact.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
I had a very fearful childhood in quite a number of ways, so facing and overcoming many fears has been an ongoing struggle for me...but one that has been rewarding nonetheless.

When I was quite young, my parents didn't get along and they had a very volatile, "on again/off again" relationship. One day they'd be screaming at each other all night across the kitchen table--and the next they'd be overly affectionate and trying to make up. I was a pretty sensitive soul and spent many a night crying myself to sleep while they shouted at each other and argued. As I look back on things now, it's abundantly clear how messed up they and their relationship were. I've since learned that when you grow up in an unstable environment like that, you have a very hard time trusting people and are in almost continual fear of the next "blow-up"--because you never know when it's coming, you just know it's coming and that some little thing (anything) will spark it. Even though I didn't have anything to compare my family to at the time, I somehow intuitively knew that wasn't the way things should be--and I knew I'd never let myself act that way with my own future family. Fortunately, I never have.

When I got a little older, around 6 or so, I had another really difficult experience when my mom left. At the time, she was a Girl Scout Leader and went off to a camp for the entire summer. I wasn't old enough to really understand that concept of time however, and to me it seemed as if she had gone forever. It actually felt to me like she had died. I remember having nightmares for weeks after, where she would leave me over and over again. I spent that summer feeling as if it was my fault and wondering what I had done wrong to make her go away. I eventually found out, many years later, that a big part of her leaving was the relationship with my dad. She felt she needed to "escape" for awhile in order to get herself together. I didn't know that early on however, so for many years I felt I was somehow responsible for her departure. I now understand that both my parents were doing the best they could under difficult circumstances--and that they were only repeating the patterns they had learned from their parents. I'm very grateful that, in my later teenage years, I had a number of friends who had more normal families. I was able to see how they were able to live in relative respect and harmony with one another. Because of their positive influence, I was able to establish a vision for my own family one day. I'll never forget them and will always greatly appreciate their example.

Finally, I was a victim of bullying as well. We moved from the city to the suburbs when I was 8. Being the small, new kid who was young for his grade and a little "husky" (overweight) at the time, I was constantly picked on. I'd have my books knocked out of my hands, my lunch taken, or receive an occasional black eye or fat lip from being someone's punching bag. I hated going to school then. If it wasn't my hair (which my mom cut herself to save money) or my clothes (she made me wear "Brady Bunch" style clothes even though everyone else wore blue jeans, tennis shoes, and t-shirts), it was my voice, my laugh, or my glasses. I think the toughest part though, especially as I got older, was being teased or victimized in front of the girls. For many years, as much as I wanted to have a girlfriend, my low self-esteem always seemed to stand solidly in my way.

I don't think it helped either, that my dad was a strict disciplinarian. He'd give me difficult work to do around the house and go off to work himself. In those days, he worked very late hours. Sometimes, when he'd come home late at night (10 or 11:00 even), he'd check the work I had done weeding, or digging, or raking the lawn. If I didn't do a good enough job, he'd wake me up, get me out of bed, and make me finish the job to his satisfaction--even if I had to use a flashlight to do it (and I often did). And I very rarely did a good enough job. Other times, if I misbehaved, or "talked back", I'd get what he called a "size 12" (basically a boot in the a$$). It was either that or a 2x4 across the backside. While he would spank me at times, I'm grateful that he never "beat" me like my uncle did to my cousins. My uncle had a 3" wide leather belt that he had folded in half and taped as a type of handle. I had spent an afternoon at their house one day, saw him beat one of my cousins for some mild "infraction" (for they were really good kids), and I left--at 10 years old, I ran the entire 5 miles home from their house.

In retrospect, I'm amazed at the many abuses kids had to endure...and it saddens and amazes me even more that far worse things still go on today.

I think the main thing that changed for me was one day when my mom got really angry. She tried to spank me for something really stupid. Whatever it was I had done, she was in the wrong and this time, I knew it. I was probably about 13 years old by then, I had finally started growing, and I'd had enough. When she grabbed me and hit me across my backside with a hardback book, I blew up. She hit me so hard, she broke the binding of the book! I spun around, snatched the book from her hands, and threw it hard across the kitchen. I pointed my finger directly at her and growled (and yes, I think I literally growled) "Don't you ever touch me again!" When I saw the fearful look in her eyes, I suddenly knew I would never be bullied, beat up, or punished again. By anyone!

In fact, I was shocked to find that even my dad had a newfound respect for me. When he came home that evening, I fully expected to have my butt whipped. As it turns out, he and I had a "man-to-man" talk in his workshop, and he never touched me again either. My newfound confidence even translated into school as well. I had finally found my own inner strength and I wasn't afraid to use it. I recall that a few weeks later, a group of about eight football players were prowling the halls looking for a hapless victim. As usual, they "homed in" on and circled around me. The first one to touch me however, got a fist in his eye as his reward. I don't recall much about the next few minutes except that I was a blur of fists, feet, and elbows. I almost feel like I kind of "blacked out" a bit as I fought them off of me! At one point they all scattered and I remember one of them saying something to the effect of, "Let's go find somebody else. This guy's going to be too hard to take."

I didn't realize the full impact of what I had done until I was in our school auditorium for our school pep rally, some 15 or 20 minutes later. As we sat on the bleachers, there in front of our entire school, the football players came out as a group carrying another student. He was trussed up in some kind of bindings (probably duct tape). They chanted and cheered, then left him in the middle of the basketball court for the cheerleaders to untie. At that moment, I looked at my friends in amazement...because I realized that had almost been me. The poor guy left in the middle of that basketball court would have been me--if I hadn't stood up for myself and fought those bullies off.

From that day on, win or lose, I knew I would never again allow myself to become a victim. I also made a promise that I would do whatever I could to stand up for those who couldn't stand up for themselves. And I've been grateful for these challenging experiences ever since!

:cool:

Brad

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
I never got around to reading this thread so I'm finally taking a look now. When I first read Brian's original post, what came to mind was images of an abduction type experience but possibly not limited to this one life, but perhaps connected into a past life(s). But then from what I have come across, something like this would be related to the current life in terms of an event from the past. I feel Brian is a volunteer soul though.

Overcoming fear has been a big part of my life, as I have got passed so many of them. I have found they are directly connected into ego and spiritual progression — it's important to get over your fears, but to pick and choose based on what you can handle, as well as the timing in terms of conquering them; otherwise it can heavily impact your life if you take on too much. I know, we can't also pick and choose but I have been able to at times.

I have more there of course, such as jumping into the limelight in a greater sense. For example, the thought of being interviewed on a radio type show is not something I find appealing, which I have had a few offers to do over the past couple of years. However I understand where this fear comes from as I grew up with extreme social phobia and have done very well to overcome what I have overcome so far, I think! I have more to do around this area of fear, but I don't feel I have to rush into it. It's kind of connected into having the destiny of being a leader though.

When growing up at school I was bullied in a bit of an intense way. Would this be a fear? It was back then, as I was constantly worrying about going into school and having it occur. It heavily impacted how well I did at school, which was terrible because of how much I hated being there. It took me a long time to overcome that fear, but I did, and I went beyond just overcoming it. I reached the point of being the one people would look to for protection, strength and courage. I won't put up with anything like that now and I will face down any challenge as a result of how I was treated. In addition to loosing my fear of death because of my direct metaphysical based experiences, I can be a bit imposing at times I think, but I'm all cuddly on the inside. <:)
Thanks for sharing Laron, I can relate.

I was also bullied quite a bit in high school and later developed a social phobia.

Sometimes meeting new people in person, I would start to experience a panic attack. It's much less nowadays, but can still flare up sometimes.

I think I also fear the limelight as well, the thought of doing a radio show is out of my comfort zone as well. But oddly enough I have no problem with people listening to my guided meditations.

Conditions on this planet can be quite harsh, but also offer the opportunities for great growth. :)

Brad

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
I had a very fearful childhood in quite a number of ways, so facing and overcoming many fears has been an ongoing struggle for me...but one that has been rewarding nonetheless.

When I was quite young, my parents didn't get along and they had a very volatile, "on again/off again" relationship. One day they'd be screaming at each other all night across the kitchen table--and the next they'd be overly affectionate and trying to make up. I was a pretty sensitive soul and spent many a night crying myself to sleep while they shouted at each other and argued. As I look back on things now, it's abundantly clear how messed up they and their relationship were. I've since learned that when you grow up in an unstable environment like that, you have a very hard time trusting people and are in almost continual fear of the next "blow-up"--because you never know when it's coming, you just know it's coming and that some little thing (anything) will spark it. Even though I didn't have anything to compare my family to at the time, I somehow intuitively knew that wasn't the way things should be--and I knew I'd never let myself act that way with my own future family. Fortunately, I never have.

When I got a little older, around 6 or so, I had another really difficult experience when my mom left. At the time, she was a Girl Scout Leader and went off to a camp for the entire summer. I wasn't old enough to really understand that concept of time however, and to me it seemed as if she had gone forever. It actually felt to me like she had died. I remember having nightmares for weeks after, where she would leave me over and over again. I spent that summer feeling as if it was my fault and wondering what I had done wrong to make her go away. I eventually found out, many years later, that a big part of her leaving was the relationship with my dad. She felt she needed to "escape" for awhile in order to get herself together. I didn't know that early on however, so for many years I felt I was somehow responsible for her departure. I now understand that both my parents were doing the best they could under difficult circumstances--and that they were only repeating the patterns they had learned from their parents. I'm very grateful that, in my later teenage years, I had a number of friends who had more normal families. I was able to see how they were able to live in relative respect and harmony with one another. Because of their positive influence, I was able to establish a vision for my own family one day. I'll never forget them and will always greatly appreciate their example.

Finally, I was a victim of bullying as well. We moved from the city to the suburbs when I was 8. Being the small, new kid who was young for his grade and a little "husky" (overweight) at the time, I was constantly picked on. I'd have my books knocked out of my hands, my lunch taken, or receive an occasional black eye or fat lip from being someone's punching bag. I hated going to school then. If it wasn't my hair (which my mom cut herself to save money) or my clothes (she made me wear "Brady Bunch" style clothes even though everyone else wore blue jeans, tennis shoes, and t-shirts), it was my voice, my laugh, or my glasses. I think the toughest part though, especially as I got older, was being teased or victimized in front of the girls. For many years, as much as I wanted to have a girlfriend, my low self-esteem always seemed to stand solidly in my way.

I don't think it helped either, that my dad was a strict disciplinarian. He'd give me difficult work to do around the house and go off to work himself. In those days, he worked very late hours. Sometimes, when he'd come home late at night (10 or 11:00 even), he'd check the work I had done weeding, or digging, or raking the lawn. If I didn't do a good enough job, he'd wake me up, get me out of bed, and make me finish the job to his satisfaction--even if I had to use a flashlight to do it (and I often did). And I very rarely did a good enough job. Other times, if I misbehaved, or "talked back", I'd get what he called a "size 12" (basically a boot in the a$$). It was either that or a 2x4 across the backside. While he would spank me at times, I'm grateful that he never "beat" me like my uncle did to my cousins. My uncle had a 3" wide leather belt that he had folded in half and taped as a type of handle. I had spent an afternoon at their house one day, saw him beat one of my cousins for some mild "infraction" (for they were really good kids), and I left--at 10 years old, I ran the entire 5 miles home from their house.

In retrospect, I'm amazed at the many abuses kids had to endure...and it saddens and amazes me even more that far worse things still go on today.

I think the main thing that changed for me was one day when my mom got really angry. She tried to spank me for something really stupid. Whatever it was I had done, she was in the wrong and this time, I knew it. I was probably about 13 years old by then, I had finally started growing, and I'd had enough. When she grabbed me and hit me across my backside with a hardback book, I blew up. She hit me so hard, she broke the binding of the book! I spun around, snatched the book from her hands, and threw it hard across the kitchen. I pointed my finger directly at her and growled (and yes, I think I literally growled) "Don't you ever touch me again!" When I saw the fearful look in her eyes, I suddenly knew I would never be bullied, beat up, or punished again. By anyone!

In fact, I was shocked to find that even my dad had a newfound respect for me. When he came home that evening, I fully expected to have my butt whipped. As it turns out, he and I had a "man-to-man" talk in his workshop, and he never touched me again either. My newfound confidence even translated into school as well. I had finally found my own inner strength and I wasn't afraid to use it. I recall that a few weeks later, a group of about eight football players were prowling the halls looking for a hapless victim. As usual, they "homed in" on and circled around me. The first one to touch me however, got a fist in his eye as his reward. I don't recall much about the next few minutes except that I was a blur of fists, feet, and elbows. I almost feel like I kind of "blacked out" a bit as I fought them off of me! At one point they all scattered and I remember one of them saying something to the effect of, "Let's go find somebody else. This guy's going to be too hard to take."

I didn't realize the full impact of what I had done until I was in our school auditorium for our school pep rally, some 15 or 20 minutes later. As we sat on the bleachers, there in front of our entire school, the football players came out as a group carrying another student. He was trussed up in some kind of bindings (probably duct tape). They chanted and cheered, then left him in the middle of the basketball court for the cheerleaders to untie. At that moment, I looked at my friends in amazement...because I realized that had almost been me. The poor guy left in the middle of that basketball court would have been me--if I hadn't stood up for myself and fought those bullies off.

From that day on, win or lose, I knew I would never again allow myself to become a victim. I also made a promise that I would do whatever I could to stand up for those who couldn't stand up for themselves. And I've been grateful for these challenging experiences ever since!

:cool:
Thanks for sharing Stargazer.

It sounds like you've been through a lot growing up and has helped shape the person you are today.

Kids can be terrible at school, I don't often think they are aware of the psychological damage they are doing. They are probably just repeating the way their parents treat them or other kids. It becomes a vicious cycle.

Some kids don't survive the bullying and in some cases take their lives, which is very sad.

It does sound like your experiences didn't break you, but made you, in the sense of making you a stronger person. :)

Reactions: Brian and Stargazer

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I don't feel like a leader but I feel like I'm going to be one no matter if I want to or not... does that make sense?
Yeah, that makes sense. Sometimes we just know our destiny, even if the details can change we will have an inkling or perhaps more of an inkling around a specific aspect.

I always felt that a big part of my role was to be more involved in a leadership sense, after some major earth changes had occurred. Yet, based on what did not occur in 2013, I think this timeline is turning out a bit different and which is commonly referred to as a more positive timeline, but then the word and meaning of positive is in the eye of the beholder, as some people may think a cleanse is more positive.

or pacify them by not responding with malice,
I found that by not responding, it made things worse. My only escape back then was to not be at school.

we are androgynous as souls.
It depends on what level and form you are existing as. For example, the over-soul, while androgynous from our perspective, will still have a personality of a sorts in the sense of being more feminine or masculine, just like some of us here are, but then when moving beyond that outside of the realms that govern the earth school and the in-between where those souls exist between lives, we move higher up on the vibrational scale, where sex isn't relevant. Being in love and having that requirement of not being alone is also a concept limited to the systems we reside in, and again are not relevant when moving beyond such spaces.

I would start to experience a panic attack.
I had one of these once, but it was related to a different situation. I'm not exactly sure if it was the typical 'panic attack' but I was panicking because of my attachment at the time.

Sometimes meeting new people in person, I would start to experience a panic attack. It's much less nowadays, but can still flare up sometimes.
I can intuitively see a lot about a person these days, but I mean from a spiritual perspective, so it can be difficult for me to be around certain people as I am just existing from a different angle and perspective, and at a different vibration, so tend to find those that resonate with me live very far away most of the time.

why do all the amazing people i meet online live so far away.jpg

For many years, as much as I wanted to have a girlfriend, my low self-esteem always seemed to stand solidly in my way.
I didn't have one until the age of 22. Life was a bit lonely growing up.

Reactions: Brian and Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)