Promoted Jim Carrey has a moment at fashion show (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Someone told me to look at the E News interview with Jim Carrey at New York Fashion Week. I found it amusing because the reporter just did not know what to do with him. You probably recall that he starred in the Truman Show, where unbeknownst to him, he was the star of a reality show.

When asked why he was there, he said he thought of the most meaningless thing and Fashion Week popped into his head. I do appreciate the artistry in creating beautiful clothes, just as I do that of the person who prepares a lovely meal, or a teacher who finds a way to explain a concept. What I don't understand is the hype that goes along with the fashion and celebrity world.

So, Carrey's replies were from a metaphysical perspective and started many conversations about what he meant. I was going to write a thread about it, but Joe Martino at Collective Evolution already did so. So I'll pass it along.

He was asked to respond to questions about the interview, as the internet had gone wild reading about it.

In his response he draws upon a number of important reflection points we have been covering here at CE for many years and are glad to see are making their way into mainstream conversation a little more.

“As an actor you play characters, and if you go deep enough into those characters, you realize your own character is pretty thin to begin with. You suddenly have this separation and go, ‘Who’s Jim Carrey? Oh, he doesn’t exist actually,’ ” Carrey said. “There’s just a relative manifestation of consciousness appearing, and someone gave him a name, a religion, a nationality, and he clustered those together into something that’s supposed to be a personality, and it doesn’t actually exist. None of that stuff, if you drill down, is real.”

“I believe I got famous so I could let go of fame, and it’s still happening, but not with me,” he continued. “I’m not a part of it anymore. Dressing happens, doing hair happens, interviewing happens, but it happens without me, without the idea of a ‘me.’ You know what I’m saying? It’s a weird little semantic jump, and it’s not that far, but it’s a universe apart from where most people are.”

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2017/09/14/jim-carreys-response-to-reactions-over-his-bizarre-interview-really-has-people-thinking/

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Jim is a much "deeper" person and thinker than one might surmise. He's given some outstanding speeches over the years, including one at some sort of a commencement, if I recall correctly. Of all the folks who've chosen the celebrity path, he's definitely one of my favorites!

Reactions: Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)