Jargoon Zircon & Calcite — Crystal of the Week (W4 & 5: March) (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Jargoon Zircon

zircons.png
Above are some zircon crystals of mine (Jargon Zircon), used with my crystal healing kit.

The zircon mineral is actually part of a metamorphosed sandstone conglomerate, the oldest material of terrestrial origin found on Earth. This sandstone was found in the Jack Hills of the Narryer Gneiss Terrane of Western Australia.

Healing & Energetic Properties

They are known to have a highly spiritual intense energy. They can assist with loving yourself more, and others, but can also make it easier to recognize the spiritual aspects of yourself.

When working on a problem, they can help you detach from repeating thoughts and connect through to inner guidance, therefore resolution of the issue.

This is great stone for grounding and can work within all chakras, stimulating sluggish energy. Being more organized and efficient with whatever it is you are doing is another benefit of this crystal.

Mineral Background

It’s chemical name is zirconium silicate and forms in silicate melts with large proportions of high field strength incompatible elements. The crystal structure of zircon is tetragonal crystal system.

The natural color of zircon crystals vary, from colorless, yellow-golden, red, brown, blue, and green. Colorless zircons that show gem quality are popular substitutes for diamonds, also known as "Matura diamond."

Their name derives from the Persian zargun, meaning gold-hued; this word is corrupted into "jargoon", a term applied to light-colored zircons. The English word "zircon" originates from "Zirkon," which is the German adaptation of this word. Yellow, orange and red zircon is also known as "hyacinth", from the flower hyacinthus, whose name is of Ancient Greek origin.

Calcite

calcite.jpg

Above are two calcite crystals of mine, again, part of my crystal healing kit.

Healing & Energetic Properties

Calcite can be very cleansing. They’re perfect to have with you when you’re looking for change in life, including making a fresh start.

They can help to increase and amplify the flow of energy in your body, and help you with expanding yourself mentally. Shifts can occur in your perspective, including a renewal of commitment to help you manifest your goals, plans and wishes.

These calcite crystals can enhance learning, making your mind a bit like a sponge to absorb everything that comes in.

They can be a very protective against energies that are not appropriate for you, including unwanted psychic energies directed your way either consciously or unconsciously. In addition, they can help expel existing energies in your energetic field which no longer serve you, or don’t belong.

Mineral Background

Calcite is a carbonate mineral, the most stable polymorph of calcium carbonate. On the Mohs scale of mineral hardness, based on scratch hardness comparison, lists calcite as a 3, with the position of 1 being the softest on this scale.

Coined in the 19th century from a Latin word for lime, calx, Calcite is derived from the German word Calcit; thus it’s etymologically originates from chalk.

Archaeologists and stone trade professionals use the term alabaster.

The largest documented single crystal of calcite originated from Iceland, measured 7×7×2 m and 6×6×3 m and weighed about 250 tons.

Reactions: Anaeika

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
:cool:

I'd love to learn more about this jargon zircon.
Where did you come across yours?

My understanding is that zircons and calcites are some of the most abundant crystals on Earth (that we know of as we know so little about what lies underground).

Reactions: Anaeika
OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Where did you come across yours?
I got it as part of a crystal healing kit I purchased from the teachers of two courses I did on crystal healing in Sydney, who are also both my Reiki Master teachers, in addition to one being a teacher of some of the courses within the Diploma in Energetic Healing I did in Sydney.

Reactions: Anaeika and Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)