Instant Inner Peace (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Don Hicks

Involved Wayfarer
Mar 19, 2017
Virginia
www.facebook.com
Instant Inner Peace: A playful method to obtaining it.

Have you ever paused to contemplate inner peace? What exactly is inner peace? How does inner peace differ from simply feeling calm or peaceful? Where do I find it? When will I find it? How do I achieve it?

Most of us have longed for the tranquility and the state of just “being” that accompanies inner peace. We’ve dreamed of the day when we can feel inner peace flowing throughout our lives continuously. And without knowing such, through the exact action of dreaming about it and wanting it, we are preventing it.

“Wait? What?” one might ask.

Let me share a simple truth. Life is nothing more than a mirror, reflecting your state of mind, echoing the words you use, expressing the ideas you hold, manifesting the actions you place in the world. Everything you send out returns to you. Do good, and goodness returns to you. Be kind, and kindness returns. Nothing escapes life's reflection.

The moment we tell Life and the Universe: “I do not have this, and I want it in the future”, we prevent ourselves from having it. If we tell God or the Universe: “I want to find inner peace”, our reflection in this present moment is a reflection of us not having inner peace, but seeking it.

Life is simply a mirror. Life returns to us whatever we give it… or in this case, what we tell it we want or don’t have.

So how do we achieve inner peace and have it reflected in us?

The answer is astoundingly simple: by deciding we have it right now.

Clear as mud, right?

Allow me to share this in different terms. All that any of us have is the present moment, and this present moment is unfolding continuously. The “past” is simply a memory of a present moment that once was. The “future” is simply a thought or idea of something that may or may not occur in a "future present moment”. The future is not yet determined, and is simply a mental projection of “what might be”. All we have is the present moment.

When we begin imagining or dreaming of future events, we become at odds with the present moment. Suddenly the present moment is something we are enduring while we await the arrival of some future event that we dream of. The present moment is simply a vehicle, and we are riding it along, watching the mile markers pass by while awaiting to arrive at the future destination. We feel that life is "passing us by" and nothing significant or exciting is happening. We are not living life, but simply enduring it. We are not present in the present moment, we are living in our thoughts and mind. Thinking of the future can cause us to feel excitement and anticipation. It can be fun -- or it can be dreadful -- depending on our thoughts about the future. But so long as we are focused on the future, we realize we are not where we want to be in life, and this realization may cause anticipation to morph into anxiety, impatience (“are we there yet?!?”) and even stress, discontent, and frustration. In essence, we have turned the present moment into a hurdle we have to clear rather than enjoying it. We clear this hurdle only to find more hurdles -- more present moments -- preventing us from reaching that coveted future destination.

If we continue this path of always waiting for “what might be”, Life stops being our companion and becomes our adversary. We feel like we hate what we are doing and are discontented with our lives. We are miserable and can become depressed because whatever future we have dreamed for ourselves always seems just beyond our grasp. In the present moment we are unhappy. Our life… all of our continuous “moments of now”… are passing us by without anything of value happening, because we are waiting on that future. That dream. That thought.

We are living in our mind. We are not here. Not present. And to feel inner peace, we must be present and at peace with the moment of Now.

So stop for a moment and simply “be”. Have no worry of the past or what the future may hold. The instant that we can be aware of ourselves in the present moment, are grateful for this moment, and are at peace and living in harmony and symbiosis with life is the moment we experience inner peace. Inner peace is yours to experience instantly. All you need to do is decide you already have it, be thankful for the present moment, and watch as life reflects your instant inner peace.

meditation3.jpg

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
We live in an "eternal Now." The challenge is to be at peace continuously no matter what goes on around us.

There is a great movie called "Lost Horizon" based on a book written by James Hilton and published in 1933. There are two movie versions (love the B&W movie made by Capra) but in the second one (a musical) the main character ponders about these issues in a song wondering if "peace of mind" exists or is just an illusion. Recommend watching both movies since each has great points/teachings.

OP
Don Hicks

Don Hicks

Involved Wayfarer
Mar 19, 2017
Virginia
www.facebook.com
We live in an "eternal Now." The challenge is to be at peace continuously no matter what goes on around us.

There is a great movie called "Lost Horizon" based on a book written by James Hilton and published in 1933. There are two movie versions (love the B&W movie made by Capra) but in the second one (a musical) the main character ponders about these issues in a song wondering if "peace of mind" exists or is just an illusion. Recommend watching both movies since each has great points/teachings.
They sound great. I'll check them out. :)

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Beautifully said, Don! In addition to being open to accepting things "Now", it's been helpful for me to declare my intentions now--and to trust that I'll receive what I intend at just the right time. I've found that I have soooo much more patience--and there's a great deal of peace to be found in the knowing that things will come together in just the perfect way.

I can't think of any things I've specifically tried to manifest--although I frequently declare and reaffirm my intentions to experience a smooth transition to the "New Earth", so I guess that counts. So far, it has proven to be exactly that for me--at least on a personal level. Things are still working themselves out in that vein, of course, but I sense that one day we'll all look back and marvel at how badly things could have gone--and how well and smoothly they actually turned out! :)

I'm also working on a smooth transition from a thirty-year career into retirement, so I suppose that's a rather large manifestation process in its own right. I'll let you know how that goes...

:)

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
I'm also working on a smooth transition from a thirty-year career into retirement, so I suppose that's a rather large manifestation process in its own right. I'll let you know how that goes...
A friend of mine told me that the secret to a smooth transition was to know precisely what was one going to do then -projects, hobbies, etc.. He had done so and prepared well in advance. Was he right! Due to my strokes mine was so sudden and years ahead to when I expected to do so that the transition was/is not as smooth as I would have desired. Here goes my wishes for a really smooth transition for you Stargazer!

OP
Don Hicks

Don Hicks

Involved Wayfarer
Mar 19, 2017
Virginia
www.facebook.com
Beautifully said, Don! In addition to being open to accepting things "Now", it's been helpful for me to declare my intentions now--and to trust that I'll receive what I intend at just the right time. I've found that I have soooo much more patience--and there's a great deal of peace to be found in the knowing that things will come together in just the perfect way.
And the more you do it, the easier it becomes, right? :)

I can't think of any things I've specifically tried to manifest--although I frequently declare and reaffirm my intentions to experience a smooth transition to the "New Earth", so I guess that counts. So far, it has proven to be exactly that for me--at least on a personal level. Things are still working themselves out in that vein, of course, but I sense that one day we'll all look back and marvel at how badly things could have gone--and how well and smoothly they actually turned out! :)

I'm a firm believer that our vibration level isn't based on our thoughts, but our feelings regarding our thoughts. For example, our vibration level isn't changed by thinking "I am abundant", it's changed by imagining what that abundance feels like. So what I'm implying here is, don't focus on your thoughts about a successful retirement, focus on how whatever activities you hope to do (gardening, travel, golf, etc..) will make you feel. Daydream about it and relish the feelings. This will align your vibration level perfectly, and may actually bring a smooth retirement to you faster. :)

Does this resonate with you? ;)

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
And the more you do it, the easier it becomes, right? :)

I'm a firm believer that our vibration level isn't based on our thoughts, but our feelings regarding our thoughts. For example, our vibration level isn't changed by thinking "I am abundant", it's changed by imagining what that abundance feels like. So what I'm implying here is, don't focus on your thoughts about a successful retirement, focus on how whatever activities you hope to do (gardening, travel, golf, etc..) will make you feel. Daydream about it and relish the feelings. This will align your vibration level perfectly, and may actually bring a smooth retirement to you faster. :)

Does this resonate with you? ;)
Yes...exactly! Although I do believe that thoughts are powerful in their own right...but yes, I agree that when the intention is paired with the emotion the affect is multiplied manifold. In Greg Braden's book, "Secrets of the Lost Mode of Prayer", he talks about how emotion and visualization work together--and he has some really great examples of the process as well.

As a "daydreamer" from waaaaay back, I've never had any difficulty focusing on the possibilities! :)

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
A friend of mine told me that the secret to a smooth transition was to know precisely what was one going to do then -projects, hobbies, etc.. He had done so and prepared well in advance. Was he right! Due to my strokes mine was so sudden and years ahead to when I expected to do so that the transition was/is not as smooth as I would have desired. Here goes my wishes for a really smooth transition for you Stargazer!
Thank you, Carl! I've got all kinds of plans...a probable "new" career (which is actually just getting back to something I enjoyed many, many years ago, a two-page list of all kinds of "day trips" I can never quite find the time to take with a 9 to 5 job, and some opportunities for volunteer work. I think my "dance card" is pretty full, but you know what they say about life and plans...

o_O

Sigh. And there's another one of those pesky, pre-programmed negative thoughts!

Thank you, thought...I appreciate you BUT, there's a much nicer experience ahead than having my plans fail. Why don't you join me and we'll discover what it's like to have everything flow nicely and smoothly!

There. That feels better!

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
Yes...exactly! Although I do believe that thoughts are powerful in their own right...but yes, I agree that when the intention is paired with the emotion the affect is multiplied manifold.
Emotion is actually the "fuel" for manifestation. The higher the intensity and duration of it during the visualization, the faster the manifestation in my experience. The mind is very powerful and can produce very focused thoughts (seed) but once the emotion is added (water) as Stargazer mentions, it manifests very nice plants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)