Hurricane Harvey (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glo

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 24, 2017
Arkansas
Hi, I was totally feeling this was another case of weather modification and I am not the only one that thinks so. It is ashamed that the people are always the ones that have to suffer with the tests and the horrific ways of the powers that be. Here is a bit of proof I decided to share for information sake, I'm not trying to promote fear! I watch this channel to see what is going on the world that mainstream media won't talk about:

Was the same time frame 25 yrs ago that Andrew hit FL then 12 years ago in August that Katrina hit LA. It is said they were controlled also! Same as the tornado that hit Joplin MO in 2011! The world needs to wake up and see what is happening as the Controllers do not care about we the sheeple and thank God the good get stronger in situations of such!

Last edited:

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
time for neighbors to help neighbors - to take care of those around them.
Neighbors helping neighbors... isn't that what it is all about? All the time? ... so easy to forget with the day-to-day!
... and 'disasters' or 'catastrophes' (which is a word that sounds like a grammar term to me:)) are oftentimes times when people who are not invested in the concreteness of structures, schedules, things staying as they were (kids, someone who has been rocked right out of their role, the castaways of society) ... reminisce and write about as being magical times in which they had the opportunity to see themselves in a whole new light and liked what they saw, took risks, found new talents and leadership abilities, etc.

There was a book about disasters by a San Francisco writer which talked about the city's famous earthquake and fire as well as other disasters such as Katrina, New York during 9/11 (more of a US centered book, though not entirely) where her thesis was about people's resilience and ability to bond, and, in fact, how, amongst the rubble, lies the opportunity for deeper bonds and socially 'not the usual' bonds to form during such events. The book is "A Paradise Built in Hell, the Extraordinary Communities that Arise in Disaster" by Rebecca Solnit.
She took it a step further and made a strong case for the best role of officials being to step out of the way and facilitate local, regular folks' initiatives, which were best informed as to the details of what needs were, as well as how things that had been running smoothly and making the best out of a tough situation in inventive and compassionate ways most often went wrong in the above-mentioned scenarios once 'the cavalry arrived' and shouldered out of the way the on-the-spot locals who knew their situation intimately. This is what I think I am hearing, that the local officials are stepping out of people's way, asking folks to help their neighbors, not getting into posturing contests nor playing hero. This is very exciting!:-D
She also takes another step back and talks about how the community transforms as a result of such events and becomes more creative, conscious and resilient, which I think is a part of what Linda refers to when she talks about folks who know how to survive under adverse circumstances being her neighbors and being a Texan thing. So... would love to hear how Texas feels in, say, a year from now:cool:

Please, those of you who are there, correct me if I'm wrong?

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I was just going to post something similar to Lila's. Having family south of Houston, I've been turning to the Weather Channel throughout the day. Just as I was struck by the use of "heartbreaking" yesterday, I'm hearing another phrase pick up in use from several sources today - "neighbor helping neighbor". I agree, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I am filled with a sense of hope for a surprising and positive outcome.

Austin has been asked to shelter 7,000 people. Thinking about this number and what San Antonio and Dallas-Ft. Worth are doing gives you an idea of the enormity of the situation.

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Pucksterguy this is an interesting post with some info I've not heard before. I'm not familiar with those energies, but my friend's experience of hearing Gaia say she needed help, seems to support it. I noticed this line and can definitely attest to its veracity.

Texas is a state that is full of fire power, and unfortunately a lot of Texas has been under a drought with record-breaking heat.

Reactions: Stargazer
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I was looking at the list of ships filled with oil that are jogging in place in the Gulf waiting to unload when I found this cool site. It shows the location of ships around the world. Here is a screen shot. Fair warning, it is easy to get engrossed in the shipping routes - the ocean is a busy place. https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-16.7/centery:51.8/zoom:5

ships.jpg

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Thanks Glo, for those links. I do feel that something else was at work here, but am not sure what.

Regardless, we don't have much choice but to move forward in the best ways possible. It looks like some family members will be rebuilding homes, and Austin will be taking care of 7,000 people.

Reactions: Stargazer and Lila

Tania

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
...so I am not the only one wondering about this connection. Hmmm.
That is, that officials are doing a better job and handing off to 'common' folk, who are more adept than sometimes given credit for... and that the o9ccurrence of this may be linked to the bigger picture.
My impression of Katrina's handling was that it was not just passively, but actively mis-handled officially, i.e., that some things done authoritatively would have been better left alone. This event seems, from what I am hearing from you locals, to be actively well handled?
I love this forum and people's engagement - I read a lot without always commenting. I wish for everyone to be safe.

Now.... I might not be as close to God as others or miss the ascension because I'm earthbound as a pragmatist - and if, so be it. The America I know and love is divided in color and those with privilidges on any levels need to be outspoken allies. One way is to call a spade a spade and what we saw in New Orleans was the most blatant discrimination of human life. We still live in a hierarchy where some are deemed more worth than others and the souls born / reincarnated into experiencing this on their own body and soul and through their kids - deserve an inclusion that I wish was more prevalent on transient. We loose incredible important knowledge of individual human experience that has such potential to teach us the nature of organizing the collective organism.
Not seeing color is a privilidge only preserved for those who can pick and choose their reality - we need to free eachother and it starts with admitting that we are not living, treated or viewed equal. We need to love more, better, harder and broader. There is an agenda - dark force trying to seperate us and we need to call out injustice when we see it. We need to see it.
Thank you for the personal updates from the storm it makes us closer no matter where we are in the world
Thank you Lila for your perspective and wondering regardless of whether our conclusions to what we are seeing with the media and administration leads us to the same thoughts -your contribution I believe is valid in helping to lead us to think with our hearts and feel with our brains.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
what we saw in New Orleans was the most blatant discrimination of human life.
So, then, I am wondering why this was so much more prevalent in New Orleans than in Houston a few years later?

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
New Orleans was such a mess for 2 reasons. First, the leadership was non-existent and there were no plans to coordinate help. You can read similar stories with Sandy on the east coast. Second, New Orleans is on the coast and 5-feet below sea-level. A levee system keeps out the sea water, and it failed, inundating much of the city. Being below sea-level, there was no where for the water to go, and it stayed. It affected the core of the city, which included businesses, historic homes, and many of the poor areas. Once the water was 5-feet high, rescue efforts were limited. Regular people who were able to help were prevented from doing so by the "leadership". The lesser known story is about some of the police, who were looting homes of the wealthy. Some were caught and ended up in prison. Others escaped - in Austin several New Orleans police cars were driven here and abandoned. One teenager hot-wired a school bus, loaded it up with all the people he could and drove it to Austin. My daughter was working in one of the relief shelters and met the people first hand. She saw a mix of people, but the overall thing was their lack of education. All of them did not understand the gravity of their situation and lacked the skills to make informed decisions. More on this in a minute.

We spent a year living in the deep south, and I worked for a housing grant program. I always was in trouble with my superiors because I constantly was saying "You can't do that". What I saw was people of all color being taken advantage of by people of all color. It was not a racial divide, but a power divide. I stopped what I could, but had we not left when we did, I would have been fired. The educational system was abysmal. Most people were operating at an elementary school level, and this was across all races. They did not have the skills to analyze and figure things out, so they just stayed in place - a continual perpetuation of the same.

Is there a division among races - yes. However, that is the surface. What lies beneath is power and people of all races who are determined to keep their power. What is the greatest threat to their power - education and awareness. I hear all kinds of rhetoric on the news, but what I don't hear are plans and ideas to do something different - to make lasting changes - to help people become more aware. There is a great silence on that front because it would change the power structure forever.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
unfortunately a lot of Texas has been under a drought with record-breaking heat.
I can't shake the feeling that Texas' unusually high rainfall totals last year, California's former drought, and many of our recent devastating storms have either been geo-engineered or geo-enhanced for profit or other "nefarious" purposes. Case in point are the rising gas prices, pleas for disaster relief funds, and California's current "dangerous" heat wave they've been seeding in our consciousness for the last week. The electric company has been loving it, I'm sure. The more they can capitalize on our misfortune, the more money they can make...

Tania

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
So, then, I am wondering why this was so much more prevalent in New Orleans than in Houston a few years later?
What Linda says about the division of power is very much it and with the history of colonization and slavery we can follow the path to who has the most riches and power today. Everyone suffers because of this. Same way everyone suffers from patriarchy. The victims are not "the other" it's "the otherness" and seperation. Lack of education I see as a big problem but as it's been discussed plenty on transient - there is a hierarchy in what is deemed intelligence and when the system is made to effectively disregard curiosity and autonomous thinking - add the traumatic factor of slavery and poverty and few can dig their way out. You don't have to watch a helicopter fly over stadium of African Americans left behind in New Orleans to recognize the divide - you can go to Baltimore, Detroit or even New York and cross from one street to another or to the other side of the train tracks and everywhere invisible lines of seperation. Not all lives matter equally and does not count the same or gets the same attention. Look at the European refugee crises where people are desperately trying to reach European soil on rubber boats - drowning for the chance at a better life. I'd do the same but I don't have to cause I was born by coincidence with a privilidged passport.

Glo

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 24, 2017
Arkansas
Not all lives matter equally and does not count the same or gets the same attention.
I have to agree with ya Tania except color doesn't even matter anymore, it basically comes down to whether or not you can pay your way and other wise keep your mouth shut. The powers that be think we (150,000 or less a year) are like fleas and are ready to exterminate us, especially those that are government funded. They don't want to give the money up any more so we all need to be careful and have GOT to stand and right now the people are doing just that with helping each other one on one a lot with out any money just sharing and caring which is the best way to get the goat!

Tania

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
I have to agree with ya Tania except color doesn't even matter anymore, it basically comes down to whether or not you can pay your way and other wise keep your mouth shut. The powers that be think we (150,000 or less a year) are like fleas and are ready to exterminate us, especially those that are government funded. They don't want to give the money up any more so we all need to be careful and have GOT to stand and right now the people are doing just that with helping each other one on one a lot with out any money just sharing and caring which is the best way to get the goat!
Yes Glo standing together and believing that every bit of kindness goes a long way. America taught me so much - like how as easily critiqued the religious agenda( again especially because of power tripping preachers ) I still saw the church people being the ones to help out the needy cause of their trust in a God. The Europeans especially pragmatic scientific believers seem to not believe in much when it comes down to it and paint with big brush strokes - and not see how infiltrated the Catholic Church is in our structures and how Protestantism paints and pacify is.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
"Houston family's home saved from flooding thanks to $18,000 water dam used by rice farmers
  • Randy and Jennifer Socha sustained $150,000 in flood damage last year
  • So when Harvey was approaching, they decided to invest in a $18,000 dam to keep their Rosenberg, Texas home dry
  • The Aqua Dam is inflated with water and then uses pumps to pump out whatever water leaks in
  • So far, it has kept their home safe while neighboring homes have been flooded with toxic Harvey floodwaters "
43F028DF00000578-0-image-a-17_1504644145124.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4855706/Houston-family-s-home-saved-flooding-thanks-dam.html

If only everyone had one, and the room, for one of these!

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Here is an educational 7 minute video covering the aftermath of the flooding in Houston, from hurricane Harvey.

It's focused on the manual release of water to safeguard the future of the city, as additional rain may come based on current weather off the coast, but this release had flooded more homes.

Reactions: Stargazer and Lila
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)