How to guide youngsters with an addiction problem? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Golmona

Retired Moderator
Aug 2, 2016
Amsterdam
In my family, there have been many cases of drug addiction, often involving adult men. My little brother, who is in his early twenties grapples with a drug and gambling addiction. When I was his age I certainly experimented a lot with drugs as well. However, I still managed to keep my life together where he seems to have a hard time.

I know this is his path, one he chose to experience in this life time and this knowledge helps me to stay detached and not give in to my oldest sibling urges to intervene and tell him what to do.

However, I was wondering if any of you (parents) have experiences helping/guiding a youngster with addiction problems? In these times of rapid change and shift in consciousness, drug addiction is prevalent. Partly because it's a way out of the pain and confusion one feels, and partly I feel because it's a way for the elites to control the masses. I've heard in the past drugs were distributed for free amongst the young crowd throughout entire countries when governments intended to keep them subdued in times of political upheaval. I was told this information by a few different people from the earlier generations living in different parts of the world and unrelated to one another.

Reactions: Laron and Stargazer

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
People abusing drugs and alcohol either in their own homes or on the social scene are effectively giving away their power by taking the seemingly easy option to assuage emotional pain and to dull any sensitivity or hypersensitivity they may have been gifted with. They wish to numb the perceptual container inside which decisions of responsibility and integrity reside.

Lately, in my own West Australian community, there have been increasing numbers of glaring examples where people skipped the integrity decision completely - by drink driving; stealing cars (usually when using either drugs and/or alcohol); hit and run accidents, leaving people to bleed in the street; increasingly vicious road rage attacks; ignoring the laws of the land such as driving without license or car registration or under suspension; drink or drug spiking, then groping or raping vulnerable women and young teens; and basically making themselves vulnerable to mental instability through meth, crack, cocaine and other hard drugs. Not to mention the serious loss of memory for long-term marijuana users. Teens I know ransack the homes of people offering them a roof; thieving and shoplifting is not uncommon to enable their preferences.

On a random breath test TV show I saw an unrepentant 20+ something man who was 3 times over the legal breath alcohol limit admit to the police officer that he had also "had a casual cone, you know, weed". He was trying to pull the story line that drugs in the system make the breath alcohol reading higher - as a way of getting out of trouble, who knows?

I think the thing for people at risk like this need to know is that with the integrity option smoked out of existence, they may very well become a perpetrator of pain and suffering to another (or others) through ill-considered or straight crazy actions. Such as using your car as a weapon and aiming for other cars on the highway (something we saw just this last weekend past, with an innocent lady of 60 losing her life to a crazed, angry man who had lost control of his thinking and actions).

They take the drugs to dim their own pain-feeling capabilities - but may well be the one to dump unimaginable and ongoing pain on another person.

OP
G

Golmona

Retired Moderator
Aug 2, 2016
Amsterdam
Great post Hailstones Melt, thank you

People abusing drugs and alcohol either in their own homes or on the social scene are effectively giving away their power by taking the seemingly easy option to assuage emotional pain and to dull any sensitivity or hypersensitivity they may have been gifted with. They wish to numb the perceptual container inside which decisions of responsibility and integrity reside.
I agree. I imagine it's much easier for outsiders to see this though. Is it possible to help someone who is in the middle of it all?

It's my understanding that when someone is not ready to change, there isn't much anyone could do to help that person. At the same time, in the case of living with or being around a person with addiction it's extremely difficult not to get involved as like you mentioned one way or the other you will get affected by them. Not to mention the love you feel for someone close to you and the desire to want to help.

How is one to tread in such a situation? Is it at all wise to intervene in someone else's life path? These are the questions I ask myself :)

Reactions: Stargazer

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I think only a deep inner questioning and then relaxation and letting the thought go, will bring an enlightened answer to your conscious mind about how far you could go with advice, or even berating. Because it is your brother, you may be able to go a little way down that path. For a complete stranger, it would be better to let life teach them the lesson.

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
www.lornawilsonqhhthealing.co.uk
In my family, there have been many cases of drug addiction, often involving adult men. My little brother, who is in his early twenties grapples with a drug and gambling addiction. When I was his age I certainly experimented a lot with drugs as well. However, I still managed to keep my life together where he seems to have a hard time.
Have you ever researched your family history to see what the cause is of this family pattern? Is there any history connected to the occult or anything esoteric that you know of?

OP
G

Golmona

Retired Moderator
Aug 2, 2016
Amsterdam
Have you ever researched your family history to see what the cause is of this family pattern? Is there any history connected to the occult or anything esoteric that you know of?
Thanks Lorna for responding to this post. You raise an important issue here, but to be honest I wouldn't know where to start. I was born in a small town in Iran and moved when I was 10 years old. Lived in different countries since and don't know much about my family lineage. What I do know is based on stories I've heard from different family members.

This small town used to be a dense forest during my grandparents' childhood, I think. So it was only recently that it developed into a village and town successively. I know that my dad's grandfather was an addict and wasted his wealth (which was quite significant at the time) on drugs and gambling. My dad and his brother both suffered with addiction for a long time. Also from my mum's side of the family there are members who struggle(d) with addiction. I know this is very common in Iran where the masses have been subdued with drugs for decades now.

As for a connection with the occult or anything esoteric, I remember my grandmother (dad's mum) telling me a story about a jin (not sure if that's spelled correctly). If I remember the story correctly her mum was a midwife and she assisted a jin during a difficult child birth and was promised protection up to 7 generations after her. There were a few other stories about jins living in close proximity to them and onion peels turning into gold etc. I don't remember the specifics of that anymore.

Am not sure how else to research my family history to be honest. How does one go about that?

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
Am not sure how else to research my family history to be honest. How does one go about that?
There are themes - think in terms to all family members connected to the same vibrational frequencies - that run through families. They might not look the same on the surface as the stories are different, but the essence of the consciousness acts as a specific type of filter to create certain types of 'realities'. Looking at the themes in your extended family will begin to open up some insights. E.g a person may have an issue with their mother, who had an issue with hers etc. as well as cousins having issues with their but different stories. Sometimes something is affecting the women from the same family line but not their brothers wives who may come with different patterns, so the issue with mother may not be there.

Sometimes discovering what was going on for your mother at the time of her pregnancy and your birth will also provide clues, as the fetus is saturated with her emotions in the womb, (and also knows what is going on with the father, so it's not just about her), although she is primary. This is an excellent book on that subject.

Addictions, especially with drugs and alcohol, change our biology in ways that 'crack' the psyche causing the prevalent soul to lose its sovereign grip on the physical faculties. Those cracks allow negative levels of consciousness the ability to hijack the persons body/energy. Think in terms of how often a drunk has no memory of what transpired, (or they use the term that they 'blacked out'), yet still they function, albeit in bizzare ways. It has been shown that when there is alcohol in the mother during pregnancy it passes to the fetus weakening their biology and distorting or affecting it in some way. This can also allow for negative influences the opportunity to influence their consciousness. e.g, wet brain, or fetal alcohol syndrome etc.

A weakened aura or energy/etheric field will I'm sure allow the continual passing down of these negatively driven influences through the family lineage. In regressions sessions I've 'witnessed' the current personality accessing a 'past life' as their own great grandparent who created the initial 'problem'. However was it really her own past life, or was she just accessing the life of the person who began that theme from a personal feeling/knowing perspective? I make no judgement or conclusion of why things present themselves from the subconscious library. This link gives some insight on The Spiritual Consequences of Alcohol Consumption

I'm also aware of situations where a person on drugs has been invaded by reptilians who say they have permission to stay inside them as they gave them permission when they were on drugs, so they are not leaving. In one case I know of that was during a spirit release session with Dr T Palmer, the reptilian was very resistant to leaving. That's not the only such case I know of, and often they create a physical problem within the body that keeps the person a bit disadvantaged.

I asked about the occult as that often shows up as a dark continuous theme passed down into the current family. Sometimes the families ancestors belonged or still reside in a culture that accepts the 'reality' of witchcraft. black magic, or negative 'spirit' work for personal gain. Other times the family may have members who took oaths with secret societies that ensure the continuation down the family line. Cases I have known of show up as the individual manifesting depression, suicidal thoughts, self harm, and other negative emotional distortions. I'm not sure if this is the case for all family members but these are the individuals who find their way to quantum healing for help. Often the father is an alcohol or there are other addictions in such family, and the children grow up manifesting the family trauma in a more exaggerated way.

Here Dr Palmer speaks of spirit possession

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
This is really an interesting discussion!

I've noticed several recurring dysfunctional "themes" in my own family--on both my maternal and paternal sides. These seem to go back for at least as many as two generations, and perhaps (probably) more.

This really does stand to reason, as the beliefs, practices, and other "programs", whether dysfunctional or not, are unconsciously (and even consciously) passed down from parent to child in perpetuity.

At the end of the day, I think it takes a lot of spiritual effort to break those chains. I feel so fortunate, not only that I could do this in some small way for my own family, but that I could also witness similar transformations in the lives of so many others!

Spiritual evolution and the process of healing is a beautiful thing!

OP
G

Golmona

Retired Moderator
Aug 2, 2016
Amsterdam
Lorna Wilson You have given me so much to consider. Thank you for so readily sharing your wisdom and taking the time to respond.

What I've always known is that the issues my brother faces definitely also link back to when he was still in utero. My mother never drank or used any other substances but she was facing a very difficult time when she was pregnant with my brother.

I have a lot to ponder based on all the information you have given me. Thank you again!

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
What I've always known is that the issues my brother faces definitely also link back to when he was still in utero. My mother never drank or used any other substances but she was facing a very difficult time when she was pregnant with my brother.
In utero is one of our prime imprint stages for coming into life with certain filters e.g self beliefs, mind sets, predispositions etc. We are saturated with our mothers - and fathers - fears and emotions and make decisions about ourselves based on them. We are not able to differentiate what is theirs from what is our feelings or natural state.

This book is a fascinating easy read and explains a lot.

Voices from the Womb: Consciousness and Trauma in the Pre-Birth Self

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)