Home Remedies (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Solnarehyah

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 3, 2016
Morton, Pennsylvania
In India almost every household is equipped with a few of these that they use regularly. I grew up with most of these and then revised some to suit my kids. I want to start this thread so we can share our favorite or go-to remedies.

Cold, Cough, flu and related
- Ginger and Honey juice
- Onion and honey/sugar - sit for 8 hours layers of onion cuts in rings and honey.
- suck on clove to stop overnight cough
- massage lukewarm, garlic and clove oil on kids chest and back.
- eucalyptus oil
- hot steam

Earache/infection
- I know people are really scared of putting something in the ears but this is very popular and I've used it a lot. Drops of lukewarm olive oil mixed with garlic juice. I just heat garlic in the oil.
- Onion juice. I haven't used this but know people who have

Stomach aches and related
- Swallow a pinch of Ajwain or Carom seeds, black salt and fennel seeds with luke warm water.
- Fenugreek water for raw seeds for reflux. I used to a lot during my pregnancy.
- For digestion Cardamom and the first one.

Toothache
-Raw clove or clove tea. I also add fennel and jaggery to it.

Wounds/scrapes/bruises etc
- Hotmilk with turmeric. This was like the first thing we'd get if we got hurt. Tumeric is supposed to heal the wound from within by repairing the cells. I wish my kids would drink it ;)

Nausea
- Smell an onion (weird! i know but it works, not when you are pregnant though.)
- lick lemon half
- Fenugreek

Hoping to hear for some new ones.

Reactions: Lila and Laron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)