Hemp & Beet Veggie Burger Recipe (Gluten Free & Vegan) (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
IMG_5068.JPG

This is great burger no matter if you're vegan or not! I'm mostly vegetarian but I tried this recipe. I used a bakery bun that was not vegan but I made the patty from the recipe. I used mayonnaise on the burger instead of the recommended sauce. It's pretty good and very healthy.

By Trinity Bourne

Contributing writer for Wake Up World

When it comes to sharing veggie burgers, nothing brings me more joy that seeing the look of delight on my friends faces when they take that first bite. Not only do I want people to be transformed on a magical journey of deliciousness when they eat my food, but I also want my burgers to be super healthy, vegan, gluten-free, nutritious and delicious. Good veggie burgers are in a league of their own, holding together well, wonderfully moist on the inside and a nice firm and crispiness on the outside.

Playful beetroot pink
Nothing beats that playful, beetroot, pink colour. It brings the kitchen table to life and makes people smile. Far from its humble, earthy proclamations, beetroot is overflowing with a rich treasury of beneficial properties, to support mind, body and soul. It’s good for lowering blood pressure, helps to improve stamina, supports liver health, has super anti-oxidant properties (to name a few benefits). For more, check this out here: Health Benefits of Beetroot.

Hemp is an unstoppable fountain of wellness
Of course, the other showstopper in today’s recipe is hemp seeds. A protein power superstar with the perfect blend of essentially fatty acids, hemp is like an unstoppable fountain of wellness that deserves a place in our daily cuisine. It has a sort of tasty, unique nuttiness about it and radiates vibrancy wherever it goes. I am using shelled (hulled) hemp seeds in this recipe. Read All About Hemp Seeds for more awesome facts about them.

Super quick Hemp & Beet Burger video guide
OK – I’m super excited to share this culinary delight with you. It’s a delicious, super healthy veggie burger made using beets, hemp seeds and sunflower seeds. Easy and quick to make under the grill (broiler).

Recipe and How To Video

Last edited:
Reactions: Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I might try to slip this in at our Christmas brunch. It might be interesting to see how all those big meat and potatoes guys react.

Reactions: Vickie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)