Help me find a picture for Bernie's Unspun News (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I haven't asked Bernie about this yet, so he may go with another image, however, I need to tell him soon that from this weekend he has to have a picture in each release of his daily Unspun's on transients.info, because when the new site goes live, each article has to have some kind of image which is set as a 'thumbnail' on the front page and other pages relating to displaying the articles

What is Unspun? Bernie lives in Tasmania, Australia, and has been running an email based newsletter for years now — Unspun. Every morning he searches the internet for news stories and records down links to interesting articles , which he thinks are more along the lines of 'truth' based on his experience and personal opinion, but also sticks in some fun ones, and intriguing ones, alongside all that possible truth. A while ago now I invited him to post his news letter on transients.info and he accepted. These articles are consistently read on a daily basis on transients so are very popular. The last Unspun can be found here, but they are posted every day by Bernie on transients.info.

So because there are so many articles each week (usually one every single day), one picture is probably best otherwise it would be very time consuming to find a different image for every day, for Bernie. So I am thinking something that is in the context of Unspun News, which could be a ball of string for example.

Feel free to suggest some images for this purpose. The image we pick will be used every single time Unspun is posted on tranisents.info.

If you find an image online, remember to make sure it is allowed to be used. So for example, images in the public domain are allowed, such as images posted on this website here, https://pixabay.com/. Another example is that you could search flickr.com for images, but if you use the filter you can select the licence which allows us to use the image, such as creative commons, or 'commercial use allowed', or in this instance, 'commercial use & mods allowed' would work as well. Example below from flickr. (transients.info is not a commercial site though, but commercial use would cover us anyway)

cc.jpg

But usually an image can be used if it has a public domain licence, which sometimes is automatic based on how many years have passed since the image was created, and if it has a creative commons licence specifcally set for it. Otherwise all images are copyright so unless we get permission from the owner, we can't use that image. There are exceptions to this rule though, based on the fair use copyright policy.

hair use.png

But I won't get more into that here.

Ideally it would be good to have a new image with Unspun every day, an image that perhaps relates to one of the stories Bernie is linking to, however, most of those images will be copyrighted. But one could ask the question that since he is reporting on the news story, under fair use he may then be able to use that image? For those really interested, here is some info on that around use of images: http://libguides.mit.edu/c.php?g=176183&p=1158973.

Anyways, I don't think Bernie will want to worry about finding a new picture every day for posting Unspun, so best to stick with the one image. Feel free to help us out with finding one! :)

Last edited:

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Plowing through the stormy seas to get the job done - works for me.

Reactions: Laron

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Last edited:
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
That one is great Sinera. I think we may need to pick one today just to go with something, so it may be between the wave and the rope as that is all the suggestions we have had.

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Alright, Bernie is fine for me to decide which image is best. I say, let's vote... I will create a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)