1. Welcome Guest
    Welcome to the Roundtable Forum, the community boards for www.transients.info. If you have an account already, please log in, otherwise feel free to sign up. Note that you will be unable to post new threads, reply to existing threads, or have access to some boards and information unless you are logged in after signing up with a forum account. By being registered you can also post comments on front page articles using your forum Account.
    Dismiss Notice

Help! I Suffer from PDHE-Public Display of Holiday Enthusiasm - Enjoying the Small Things

Discussion in 'Homesteading, Horticulture, Permaculture, Prepping' started by waybeyondfedup, Sep 8, 2017.

1. waybeyondfedup

waybeyondfedup Shimmering Soul

http://kellehampton.com/2017/09/help-i-suffer-from-pdhe-public-display-of-holiday-enthusiasm.html

9/8/17

Dear Ms Hampton, whomever else this may concerns, everyone both on/ff of here:,

She’s author of Bloom: Finding Beauty in the Unexpected — A Memoir (2012). In which to me its still okay.

Thank you, but at the same time no thank you because to me I’m waybeyondfedup with all of this. I for one still don’t even get all of this. Especially, after being a temporary holiday worker for a couple of years. In which I really never like and even before that. I much matter prefer to celebrate like the Europeans. Instead of what it has become here and mostly likely even couple/few more developed countries as well. Of course don’t get wrong I for one day would love to exactly go there and really experience/celebrate it properly for myself as well.

Heres even more to it. Even its kinda dated (2005), but still is even more relevant to us after a dozen years. At the same time the book itself has been updated (`10/`11/`12) when they remade everything from the original recipes themselves.

European Christmas PBS TV Pledge Special | Rick Steves’ Europe

Think thats it for now.

Thank you, again, in advance.

Yours truly,

• I'm intrigued by this! I'm intrigued by this! x 1
    • I just love this post! I just love this post! x 1
  2. Stargazer

Stargazer Boundless Creation Staff Member Moderator

The heavily commercial aspects of the Holidays and the routine September (or even late August) rollout of the retail holiday decor do annoy me, but I understand how Ms. Hampton feels. I, too, appreciate the time leading up to the Holidays because it allows me to stretch them out a bit and enjoy them all the more. :)

• That's showing wisdom. That's showing wisdom. x 1
    • I just love this post! I just love this post! x 1