Goat Yoga - it is all the rage (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
No, goats are not doing yoga, although that would be interesting. It is people doing yoga with goats walking around them. I think the idea is that the yoga experience is enhanced by being outdoors with an assist from nice goat energy.

Here is a link to a local news item so you can see the goats in action.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/dozens-partake-in-goat-yoga-class/457060567

Reactions: June and Stargazer

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
Saw it in the local news today in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. I wonder if the rage started in California, where many of the crazy stuff starts? Somehow though, those fads produce quite an amount of money for some people.

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
The one in Austin was done as a benefit for a dog shelter and apparently was successful.

It just came to me - I could start Wasp Yoga because we have plenty that buzz around - not very relaxing though.

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
You
No, goats are not doing yoga, although that would be interesting. It is people doing yoga with goats walking around them. I think the idea is that the yoga experience is enhanced by being outdoors with an assist from nice goat energy.

Here is a link to a local news item so you can see the goats in action.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/dozens-partake-in-goat-yoga-class/457060567
Whatever floats your boat I say, I would rather do it in the quiet of my living room. Really can't imagine relaxing while goats prance around me and what if they stop to have a tasty munch at your clothing. :-D

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Asanas are often modelled on animal styles, to get to their essence, by being mindful in the posture. I'm with June - goats can be randy and hungry and often both at the same time.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
[QUOTE="Hailstones Melt, post: 20117, member: 198] I'm with June - goats can be randy and hungry and often both at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like most guys I know...(did I really say that?)! :eek: And yes, in all honesty, I do at times have to include myself in that group. (glances at watch) Hey, it IS almost dinner!!

:) :-)) :fp

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
In the video, a goat jumps up on a woman's back, and you can tell from her expression that she does not know what to do. Another woman comes over and lifts the goat off. My first thought was about the little goat pellets ......

I don't have much experience with goats - only knew one nanny goat, and she would come up behind people and butt them with her head - really hard. Fortunately, all she ever did with me was stand next to me.

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
In the video, a goat jumps up on a woman's back, and you can tell from her expression that she does not know what to do. Another woman comes over and lifts the goat off. My first thought was about the little goat pellets ......

I don't have much experience with goats - only knew one nanny goat, and she would come up behind people and butt them with her head - really hard. Fortunately, all she ever did with me was stand next to me
Probably because she knew you would butt her back:ROFL:

Reactions: Stargazer

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016

I don't have much experience with goats - only knew one nanny goat, and she would come up behind people and butt them with her head - really hard. Fortunately, all she ever did with me was stand next to me.
I'll try again. Probably because she knew you would butt her back. :ROFL:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)