Free reiki (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Rebecca

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Australia
www.awakenedstarguide.com
Hi everyone, I came across this reiki article called reiki rules & I was wondering your thoughts on rule number 4. No free Reiki

You cannot give free Reiki, unless of course there is some emergency. It may end up accumulating karmic debt for both healer and the client. The circuit is only complete when you give and receive. Generally, things given for free lose its value and importance. So respect Reiki and always ask for energy exchange.

Here is the link to the full article ❤☺
http://reikirays.com/22907/reiki-rules/

Reactions: Stargazer

Mike

Healer & Empath
Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2016
Southern, California
www.facebook.com
I do understand that some may believe this and I have been told this by someone in the past but quite honestly this in my opinion and my belief that this is just another belief system. There have been healers through the ages who have healed the poor without taking anything. I have never charged money not once in my life because I don't attribute it to a monetary system. 'reiki' or energy is all around us and is given freely by the creator it doesn't make much sense to make certain rules about it. Your not going to go into karmic debt for helping someone with an illness. Your not going to go into karmic debt for giving somebody a car or a massage or a smile for free. If you want to see it like that, it can be energy returned in the form of gratitude. These are my beliefs anyway and always have been.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
I do understand that some may believe this and I have been told this by someone in the past but quite honestly this in my opinion and my belief that this is just another belief system. There have been healers through the ages who have healed the poor without taking anything. I have never charged money not once in my life because I don't attribute it to a monetary system. 'reiki' or energy is all around us and is given freely by the creator it doesn't make much sense to make certain rules about it. Your not going to go into karmic debt for helping someone with an illness. Your not going to go into karmic debt for giving somebody a car or a massage or a smile for free. If you want to see it like that, it can be energy returned in the form of gratitude. These are my beliefs anyway and always have been.
I agree with Mike, 100%. My feeling is that, as long as the healing is offered through unconditional love, no karmic debt would be incurred. The only time a karmic debt would be incurred would be if something is expected in return--and not given.

OP
Rebecca

Rebecca

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Australia
www.awakenedstarguide.com
Thanks for replying, I agree with both of you, I just thought it interesting that she would put that down in her article, especially the karmic debt part, if we want to give free reiki then it's our choice to give as a gift with no expectations for a return ❤☺

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
You cannot give free Reiki, unless of course there is some emergency. It may end up accumulating karmic debt for both healer and the client. The circuit is only complete when you give and receive. Generally, things given for free lose its value and importance. So respect Reiki and always ask for energy exchange.
As a Reiki Master teacher, this is an important part of Reiki in terms of understanding how the Reiki energy works. But what I feel is that there is truth mixed in and a different meaning is meant from this concept and teaching. It should not be taken that literally.

It is really important for each of us to have an exchange of some kind when dealing with anything in life, similar to how we may barter with objects, instead of money, to gain what we need — that is also an ‘energy’ exchange.

If we are giving ourselves freely and receiving nothing, that will drain our energy, even when we are using the right technique which should never be to use our own energy when healing, but act as a conduit for source energy. (Which Reiki energy is, and all other forms of healing energy as there is only one source)

In terms of karmic debt, this only applies if we are interfering in a situation that we shouldn’t be, and I see this happening a lot, as people need to ask permission first unless they are at a level of spiritual development, or have a strong psychic ability, that allows them to know when it is appropriate to send energy and intention towards a situation.

I see many large global ‘meditations’ which are not helpful because of their intentions to interfere in situations that are meant to be there in the first place, for the learning of all those involved because of how duality works. So when that Reiki teaching says karmic debt is incurred, then this is a good example of how it may manifest as a result of interference.

BUT, we are in a special time period right now because of the shift in consciousness, so karmic debt is changing, and dissolving for many people, where in the past this would have been more of a problem. It is easier to detach, let go and move beyond karma now, but it depends on your actions and intentions. You can still accumulate karma, so you don’t get a free pass, but this time right now, in this life, is a very important period to focus on releasing your own karma.

If you still have karma that is strong enough, it will be connected in to your next life whether on Earth, or another location, but many souls in this period (not all) have had many lives on Earth and they are here to graduate, or get closer to graduating, this time around. Ascension is another word that people use to represent this, but I don’t feel that is appropriate to refer to when I think of ascension as something completely different and really more for spiritual masters and gurus.

As a general rule I don’t give out healing unless someone asks me or if I intuitively feel someone really needs it. I won’t interfere with their lessons of what their issue is teaching them. So this Reiki teaching shouldn’t be taken so literally, but it has a lot of truth to it.

You have to consider that if you have a person in your life who you are going to give free healing to, and/or spend a lot of time helping, they very likely have done the same for you in a past life, so you may actually be balancing out the karma and energy exchange.

It’s important to have an open mind, but all this above is also important to understand as we shouldn’t just go around forcing our healing and intentions on everyone and everything, as things are meant to occur and happen as part of how this system of life works. <3s

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
If we are giving ourselves freely and receiving nothing, that will drain our energy, even when we are using the right technique which should never be to use our own energy when healing, but act as a conduit for source energy. (Which Reiki energy is, and all other forms of healing energy as there is only one source).
My understanding of all healing modalities is that the "healer" isn't actually healing the person...they're acting as a conduit (or perhaps a multiplier) to assist another in healing themselves--with Source being the one who actually does all the "heavy-lifting". That said, my understanding of Source energy is also that it is unlimited...and any drain of energy is only a result of the healer's own beliefs. Carrying the thought a bit further, I would also think that it would be possible, through intent, for a "healing facilitator" to benefit from the situation as well. In other words, to share with someone else, one must "fill his or her cup" first.

Is that possible too, or am I completely off base?

In terms of karmic debt , this only applies if we are interfering in a situation that we shouldn’t be, and I see this happening a lot, as people need to ask permission first unless they are at a level of spiritual development, or have a strong psychic ability, that allows them to know when it is appropriate to send energy and intention towards a situation.
<3s
In terms of sending energy to assist in a general situation, isn't it appropriate to send unconditional love energy with the intention that it be available to support the highest outcome for the benefit of all? In this way the energy is there to support those who ask for or accept it--or would that be a violation of free will?

Just thinking aloud here...

:)

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
I think it's perfectly okay to send unconditional love and healing (in whatever form) without expecting anything back (no money, no barter). When you do this you actually do get something back and that's a wonderful feeling of helping others. This is STO (service to others).

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
That said, my understanding of Source energy is also that it is unlimited...and any drain of energy is only a result of the healer's own beliefs. Carrying the thought a bit further, I would also think that it would be possible, through intent, for a "healing facilitator" to benefit from the situation as well. In other words, to share with someone else, one must "fill his or her cup" first.

Is that possible too, or am I completely off base?
Frequently over the years I have found that people are using their own energy, whether they are healing, or performing some form of service to help another. They are usually unconsciously doing this. So have had to teach and remind people on a pretty regular basis not to do that and how to focus the energy through, rather than from themselves. So even if the person is not using a technique to send healing from their own energy, it still occurs unconsciously. This is why some massage therapists get so very drained. Of course, there are other factors involved as well, such as not using shielding if the person requires that, and clearing their energy before and after the contact with the person.

So it's not so much about a persons belief system, it can also be about them not knowing what is occurring while they are doing something entirely different, and being unaware of methods of making sure their energy is not being drained.

A person will also become drained for other reasons, such as giving and not receiving anything back. This can be an emotional catalyst, not just energetic, which again can be unconscious to them.

Another important thing to understand is that the healer is restoring the health, balance and alignment of the energy centers, back to their natural state, so it's not really about fixing something, but facilitating the restoration of the way a person would function if their energetic system was in a great state of health. Through the healthy running of the energy system — the energetic centers such as the chakras, transpersonal point and earth star, including the energy link between them; the meridian lines and sushumna / central channel; the auric layers such as the etheric, mental, emotional and spiritual — a person's physical health then comes back into balance. Having a strong immunity directly relates to the health of the energy system of the body.

As for filling the cup first, a healer will be more effective if they have dealt with their own issues to a high degree, otherwise their ability to act as that channel will be inhibited.

Last edited:

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
In terms of sending energy to assist in a general situation, isn't it appropriate to send unconditional love energy with the intention that it be available to support the highest outcome for the benefit of all? In this way the energy is there to support those who ask for or accept it--or would that be a violation of free will?
I'm not sure what you mean, or your understanding is of unconditional love, as when you send healing you need to be more clear around the intentions of what you want the outcome to be and what you are actually sending.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
I'm not sure what you mean, or your understanding is of unconditional love, as when you send healing you need to be more clear around the intentions of what you want the outcome to be and what you are actually sending.
I guess I don't necessarily mean healing...just loving energy for anything or any one. If I see something happening on the news, for example, and I feel that loving energy will help the situation or those involved, I'll send it with the intention that it help bring about the highest outcome for the benefit of all.

My intention there being that it is available for anyone who may ask for it. By unconditional, I simply mean that I don't have any attachment to a particular outcome or expect anything in return.

Then I just release any concerns and let Source handle the rest in its own wonderful way. :)

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
So separate to actually practically making a difference with the focus of intention — your intentions behind doing something is what life is all about in terms of karma and spiritual growth. This is why it can be so beneficial to move beyond ego and emotion as then are actions and reactions are based more on intention, rather than ego.

I was thinking last night that you are unique in the way that you express so much love naturally, and this is not just something that people may think is all words, I feel it within you and it is so much more. It’s a huge part of your essence in terms of a characteristic of your soul from your next source up.

Back to your method of helping others; you can make more of a difference if you are specific with your intentions. I have a few requests sometimes to send help energy. I send it a bit differently but in the end, it’s similar. It’s basically me putting in the intention of directing energy out that will help the exact situation that is being requested.

Using an affirmation or intention of ‘the highest good’ is great, that is perfect.

Getting back to your question, this is a bit different to sending healing. It’s like praying for someone. It’s like sending blessings or wishes. I don’t see this has having close ties to karmic rules. Well, I don’t ‘feel’ I mean.

However, again I have to express that peoples situations are occurring because they have been planned to occur, most of the time. They are meant to go through suffering, pain, stress, emotional turmoil and so on, as that is what they wanted to have occur as part of their growth and purpose of coming here in the first place. The good and the bad is necessary for growth and learning. So if we jump in and change any of that, we are affecting the plan and path of the person. If you use a really specific intention behind the help you give, when factoring in this understanding and not allowing yourself to interfere, then that is also a good way of dealing with it.

But if you are not aware of this, and want to change the outcome so that the person cannot go through a certain experience like they are meant to, then that may just be interfering and causing a few issues. But then at the same time, stepping back to what I began with originally, if a person’s intention is to do ‘good’ and help someone, then that is also factored in here as it shows a quality of the person and where they have progress to with their spirituality.

So it can become complicated and it really depends on each individual situation.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
The good and the bad is necessary for growth and learning. So if we jump in and change any of that, we are affecting the plan and path of the person. If you use a really specific intention behind the help you give, when factoring in this understanding and not allowing yourself to interfere, then that is also a good way of dealing with it.

So it can become complicated and it really depends on each individual situation.
Ok...that does make perfect sense and I can see my understanding isn't too far off then. And thank you for your most kind words!

Learning and loving (and learning to love) are what we're ultimately here for, isn't it? I somehow feel that's the very essence of the spiritual journey...and I'm so very grateful to be able to share a part of it here with all of you! :)

o:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)