Four bombs in Austin - now 6 (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
May I join you ladies?
"Four Bombs in Austin" sounds like a film title. Every time I see that thread title, I think of a movie and now I have remembered Linda's dream about Hollywood types. There is more to this scenario than meets the eye.

Why don't you make a date to dance healing into Texas during the Saturday meditation? I might deign to join you.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
"Four Bombs in Austin" sounds like a film title.

Why don't you make a date to dance healing into Texas during the Saturday meditation? I might deign to join you as well.
Brilliant! I'm there!

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
:)) May I join you ladies? I don't dance worth a darn right now, but maybe that's an ability I'll unlock after The Shift. Something tells me we'll ALL be in the mood for a celebration! :)
Everyone is welcome. Shuffling feet, wiggling hips, stamping, jumping, who cares as long we’re enjoying it.:-))

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Linda, Carl thank you both for continuing to post so that we hear that you are ok. Such a relief!
You have been in my thoughts these days.

I think you summarize succinctly your lesson below, Linda. This same lesson is one that has recently been coming up repeatedly for me too.
Kudos for surviving (in all respects, including emotionally), for noting how things felt as you went through this and for using that knowledge and your courage to ask for help and support when you needed it.
It has been a lesson for us all - ask for help and offer support when you see that others need it.

You all are magnificent beings.
Maybe we can now all focus on sending some 'stealth rainbows' your way<3

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
The Aftermath

There was a big news conference with the governor, mayor, police, ATF, FBI, DA, and some others. The main messages were that all agencies worked together quite well, without competition for credit, etc. and the citizens were vigilant and cooperated. Also, there was emphasis on the local police running into danger and that the FBI agents in the field were focused on this case. My spidey senses went off as the FBI spoke because it seemed to me he was saying we are doing our job here on the ground and for the people and the unspoken part was that they were not part of the DC mess. Another thing that struck me as odd - the lead guy from the FBI was wearing a new stetson (cowboy hat). He was the only one wearing a hat. The only time I see these hats in a formal conference is with DPS (Department of Public Safety) or the Texas Rangers. There could be many reasons, but I still wonder why.

As the investigation still is open, little info was shared. The bomber was a 24-yr-old white male who attended the local community college and had a job. He lived in an adjacent small community and had 2 roommates who seemed to know nothing about his actions. His family is in Colorado and likewise does not know how he got this point. He left a 25 minute confession on his phone that somehow survived the blast in his car. I have to say the confessional seemed quite complete, which struck me as odd. He said his actions were not racially or terror motivated and went on to describe his personal issues. He also described and listed all the bombs he created, so all are accounted for. He did not give any reasons for his selection process.

My takeaway

Everything about the bomber screams manipulation by other sources, and his confessional was oddly complete.

Much has been said about underlying messages. What I observe is that the officials took the tack of we are here to work with you to keep you safe. It was not about reliance on officials, but rather, partnering with them. Interesting, as that is the only way it would go down here.

Also, our mayor tried going the personal route with his message, but no one else supported it. His suggestion was that we all get to know our neighbors.

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Wonderful to see the spirit of cooperation here, rather then reliance on agencies "we're doing our job and stay out of our way" Cooperation is where we are headed. I'm waiting to see the day when cops and agencies are obsolete. Hopefully it won't be much longer.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
The only time I see these hats in a formal conference is with DPS (Department of Public Safety) or the Texas Rangers. There could be many reasons, but I still wonder why.
Two things immediately come to mind:

1) Check out my hat. I'm just trying to "fit in" or relate to the viewing public (see, I'm a "Texan" just like you) or,
2) Yeah, I really AM a Texan, just like you and I'm wearing this hat to make a statement to the Swamp in DC.

Not having seen the conference myself, I can't say which resonates most. I agree that the Stetson is fascinating...I'm guessing it's not part of the usual or authorized FBI image/uniform, and may even be out of policy. There must be a very important reason for it.

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Two things immediately come to mind:

1) Check out my hat. I'm just trying to "fit in" or relate to the viewing public (see, I'm a "Texan" just like you) or,
2) Yeah, I really AM a Texan, just like you and I'm wearing this hat to make a statement to the Swamp in DC.
Given what he said, I think option 2 is the more valid.

So now there is a story on local news about how Russian bots and trolls are trying to stir up trouble by pushing info about the bombings. Oh pleeeeeze - the national news media already did that.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
Given what he said, I think option 2 is the more valid.

So now there is a story on local news about how Russian bots and trolls are trying to stir up trouble by pushing info about the bombings. Oh pleeeeeze - the national news media already did that.
LOVE IT. Can't exactly "fly the finger" on TV, I guess...but a guy CAN wear his Stetson! I'd eat a letter of reprimand for that myself! :D :)) :)

Well, OF COURSE the Russians did it! Next they'll be responsible for censoring social media, making HRC lose her mind, planting sickening artwork in John Podesta's house, and making Creepy Joe Biden smell little kids' hair...

:rolleyes: :-))

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
own a genuine Stetson
Me, too - a white one from my high school days when I was in drill team, and we wore cowgirl uniforms. We marched in all the big parades, including sometimes behind horses. You just have to march through the poop, which turned out to be a good life lesson.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)