For last year's words belong to last year's language... (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
“For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning."
― T. S. Eliot

but.jpg

Feel free to use this thread to post anything in relation to this new year. 2018 is upon us.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Love that poem.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I will just say "Eyes on the Road" and "Keep a smile, however uncertain, blooming in your heart." From that position, it is easy to make a grand leap, when tested.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Cooking up black-eye peas and making cabbage slaw to welcome good luck for the new year. I also stood on the front porch at midnight and threw money through the door to symbolize the flow of all kinds of wealth into our home for the coming year.

I am aware of bringing intention into form as I do this things - more than ever before. New language for this new year!

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
A butterfly resting on a window pane (pain) to rest after a challenging transition—a necessary part of spiritual growth. The fruits of labor will be powerfully ingested leading to contentment and a sense of mastery.

With love,
A

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
“For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning."
― T. S. Eliot
For those wondering, this is an excerpt from within Elliot's poem, Little Gidding. Four Quartets is the published book containing the poem, and it's the fourth quartet to be exact.

While Elliot passed in 1888, this poem, along with the book Four Quartets, is still under copyright until 2039 in the US — I can't include the full poem in this thread or I would be breaching copyright.

If I was to dissect it, from an educational perspective in a thread/post here, or if I was teaching a class/group, then it would probably be fine to include in full as it would come under the fair use doctrine.

However, you can find the full version of Little Gidding right here, which sits on the Columbia University (New York) website.

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
That's the thing about poets - they know something about spiritual practice.
I had to write a paper on a New Zealand Poet laureate, who I won't name, but I had to go through their material, read one of their published books and get quite deep into their style and poems.

The issue for me was what you said — there was a large lack of connection to spirit throughout the persons poems and this stood out like a sore thumb to me. I just couldn't see the world in such a narrow vision, without some form of connection to the other side beyond our physical five senses. This person had a religious background, and that came through, yet... there was nothing spiritual about it.

I just thought it was interesting what you said, as in this instance, the poet didn't seem to know anything about spiritual practice!
That's the thing about poets - they know something about spiritual practice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)