1. Welcome Guest
    Welcome to the Roundtable Forum, the community boards for www.transients.info. If you have an account already, please log in, otherwise feel free to sign up. Note that you will be unable to post new threads, reply to existing threads, or have access to some boards and information unless you are logged in after signing up with a forum account.
    Dismiss Notice

Flu Shot Brainwashing

Discussion in 'Health, Somatics & Psychological Well-being' started by Vickie, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Vickie

Vickie Boundless Creation Retired Moderator

I live in the USA and was listening to the TV news a few nights ago. The news was yet again telling their made up stories about how important flu shots are. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that Americans are finally waking up to how bad the flu shot really is. The news person said that last year half the normal amount of people got the flu shot. That's a big change here in the USA where they push the flu shot on us at every opportunity. We have commercials on it, there are signs everywhere, all drug stores advertise it, our doctors push it on us. It's like the flu shot brainwash here in the USA each fall and it gets more intense every year. One definitely has to wonder why they push this shot more and more each year and in recent years going so far as to give it away free at many places.

Last year the government pushed a stronger than normal dose and recommended that the elderly receive that strong dose. My mother who is eighty years old took the strong dose and became very sick. She was almost hospitalized. Many older people died after that strong dose.

I'm so glad to hear that people are waking up to the dangers of the flu shot. I haven't had a flu shot in seven years and I haven't had the flu.

Do you get the flu shot?

• Divine Divine x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Sinera

Sinera Ancient Consciousness Staff Member Moderator

Haven't had one for 5 years or so. And will never ever get another one.

• Divine Divine x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Linda

Linda Sweetheart of the Rodeo Staff Member Global Moderator Administrator

Only had one a long, long time ago. That was the time I got so sick I thought I would die.

If someone asks me what I think, then I tell them. Otherwise, I just smile and say I got it covered, which is a true statement.

• Divine Divine x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Vickie

Me either!

I need to say that too, Linda. If I happen to go to a doctor during flu shot time they always want to push the flu shot on me. I just say no thanks but then I have to be treated like a disobedient child and listen to all the reasons why I need one. I guess I'll just start saying I already had one - it's covered.

• Divine Divine x 1
  5. Linda

Linda Sweetheart of the Rodeo Staff Member Global Moderator Administrator

From my parents, I learned the art of picking your battles.

Also, I am careful about my wording. I do not lie, but I cannot help it if they infer something else. :)

• Divine Divine x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Stargazer

Stargazer Boundless Creation Staff Member Moderator

Never had one, never will!

The missus used to get them all the time and she'd try to talk me into them too. She's changed her tune the last couple of years though and doesn't get them anymore.

The whole idea sounds stupid to me anyway. Half the time they're only gambling which strain will be a problem and the shots don't work on every strain. It's all about making the population line up and "drink their purple Kool-aid." And "free" or not, SOMEBODY has to pay for it, so they're making their money on it...one way or the other! :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vickie

Smart man!

• Love Love x 1
  8. Hailstones Melt

Hailstones Melt Boundless Creation

The profit motive is what's going to get them stripes on their backside when this all comes out into the open.

• Divine Divine x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1