Empaths as Heyokas (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
I ran across this great article on the SitShow Blog (gee, given our current election chaos, I almost wrote something else there!). :-)):ROFL:o_O

Anyway, it delves into the concept that some powerfully empathic people are "Heyokas" as recognized by Native American cultures. In a way, I can see these kinds of people as being somewhat shamanic as well. They help us more clearly understand ourselves and our path by mirroring many of the things we need to see about ourselves.

I highly recommend, so please check it out if you feel so inclined:

Lilia

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2016
Vayuna, via Switzerland
the Lakota have the term "Heyoka" to describe a person, a shaman, who goes beyond usual shamanic knowledge because they see the opposites in everything and act not rebelliously against cultural norms but just doing the opposite and speaking backwards, usually they use that to provoke expansion in the people they interact with through humor or empathy, sometimes unconsciously but mostly they know exactly what they are doing. they have the gift to see into each other and other people. they say, one is called to embody this when they meet the Thunderbirds or sometimes even when they dream of thunder and lightning, the Lakota legends are quite specific about that. i cant find the book i read that in right now when i searched for legends of Thunderbirds, might have been somewhere else too.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
I ran across this great article on the SitShow Blog (gee, given our current election chaos, I almost wrote something else there!). :-)):ROFL:o_O

Anyway, it delves into the concept that some powerfully empathic people are "Heyokas" as recognized by Native American cultures. In a way, I can see these kinds of people as being somewhat shamanic as well. They help us more clearly understand ourselves and our path by mirroring many of the things we need to see about ourselves.

I highly recommend, so please check it out if you feel so inclined:

Thanks for that Stargazer. Interesting reading.

So suddenly everyone has a blog? "Please see my blog at Blah Blah Blah"

Am I missing something?

Reactions: Stargazer
OP
Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Well, I can understand that, so now people write blogs. Thanks for explaining that Lilia.
I've had a blog for a couple of years now. I had originally just planned on writing some things down privately that my son and future descendants could read, but when I shared some ideas with a friend, she thought others might appreciate hearing what I had to say as well. I started putting my writings up in blog form and was pleasantly surprised to find what I wrote actually did appeal to other folks! I've actually received a great deal of insight and even friendships through the blogging process. The list even includes Laron, AngelicView, and Aneika.

As I see it, it's a wonderful way to learn, share, and express oneself. Some people just write memoirs, some write books, and other simply share themselves with the whole world through a blog.

You should definitely check it out, Pod. You never know who you may connect with or inspire along the way!

:-D

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
i cant find the book i read that in right now when i searched for legends of Thunderbirds, might have been somewhere else too.
If you do ever find that book somewhere Lilia, I'd be very interested to hear about it <3:-D<3

Reactions: Lilia and Stargazer

Ben

Brother of Awen
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Shrewsbury, UK
Very interesting indeed, thank you for sharing! I'm sure I've come across a few in my time and I believe there is at least one on here (mentioning no names of course...)

Thanks CelestialObserver! :cool:

Reactions: Lilia and Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)