Early hominin evidence in the Philippines (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
This short video shows evidence that ancestors of pre-modern humans (from earlier up the tree of life, like homo-erectus, and homo-floresiensis) lived and hunted in the northerly part of the Philippines as long ago as 709,000 years.

The video mentions "filling in the blanks" between 700,000 years ago, and 50,000 years ago when it is believed modern humans populated the Philippines. Hmmm. This is a part of human history I would certainly like to know more about.

Reactions: Laron and June

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
This video is interesting and short, too. I was especially interested in the last comment about finding out what happened between that group from 700,000 years ago and the more modern groups from 50,000 years ago.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I find fascinating the idea that 'colonization' may have occurred in waves.

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
I got a bone to pick with the makers of the video and many others of that ilk. How is that " humans" of that era are scruffy, hairy beasts? If you look at any of the indigenous peoples from all over the world be it Amazons or in the jungles of Asia. They are all neat, relatively clean cut and stand and walk with dignity. I think it stands to reason that even pre humans would look very similar to todays isolated tribes. The time frame from about a hundred thousand (or much older)to fifty thousand would place these folks as advanced Lemurians.
I take these as main stream conjecture to fit pre arranged ideals. According to Kryon(and I can't take him as gospel either tho much of what he says rings true to me) Humans have risen and fallen six times totally destroying ourselves till this version that hasn't and won't to ascend to the next level.
I dunno, the real truth has to be out there...

Reactions: Lila
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I got a bone to pick with the makers of the video and many others of that ilk. How is that " humans" of that era are scruffy, hairy beasts? If you look at any of the indigenous peoples from all over the world be it Amazons or in the jungles of Asia. They are all neat, relatively clean cut and stand and walk with dignity. I think it stands to reason that even pre humans would look very similar to todays isolated tribes. The time frame from about a hundred thousand (or much older)to fifty thousand would place these folks as advanced Lemurians.
I take these as main stream conjecture to fit pre arranged ideals. According to Kryon(and I can't take him as gospel either tho much of what he says rings true to me) Humans have risen and fallen six times totally destroying ourselves till this version that hasn't and won't to ascend to the next level.
I dunno, the real truth has to be out there...
PG, I think the time frame of 700,000 years ago is long removed from later, advanced civilisations, perhaps more in the 400,000 to 250,000 time frame. For me the interesting thing was this group of homo-erectus hunted as a group and brought down a mega-sized rhinocerous, showing they had teamwork, tools, and skillsets. A lot of the narrative we have currently is guesswork, unless it is pure channelling which I think is a good source of information. We are lucky to have access to so many channels, but there is quite a bit of discernment required to find out which are the pure sources. In any case, in one of the previous "root races" (as termed in Theosophy) the civilisation and thus man reached a high level, but at some point due to their creation of chimeras and mucking around with DNA hybridisation, and due to our succumbing to the veiled agendas of dominant alien races, we suffered a "fall" where strands of DNA were sidelined (I believe blocked, but not removed).

What I find interesting is that what we were spoon fed as children and young adults (for me, about 1965-1985) was that civilisation didn't go back beyond 5,000 years (i.e. 3,000BC). We were told the entire Australian Aboriginal existence didn't go back further than 20,000 years. Now it is common knowledge among scientists that modern humans reach back at least 50,000 years, and it is accepted that Australian Aborigines have been present in their current tribal lands for 40,000 - 70,000 years.

I am looking forward to a lot more revelations in the near future about the status of finds that have been "shelved", because of the effect it would have on the spoon-fed paradigm. Soon, the majority of people are going to shout to the rafters: "Tell us! We have a right to know what you know! We won't stand for being cannon-fodder any longer! Our remit on this Earth is more gracious, more expansive, more galactic than that!"

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
PG, I think the time frame of 700,000 years ago is long removed from later, advanced civilisations, perhaps more in the 400,000 to 250,000 time frame. For me the interesting thing was this group of homo-erectus hunted as a group and brought down a mega-sized rhinocerous, showing they had teamwork, tools, and skillsets. A lot of the narrative we have currently is guesswork, unless it is pure channelling which I think is a good source of information. We are lucky to have access to so many channels, but there is quite a bit of discernment required to find out which are the pure sources. In any case, in one of the previous "root races" (as termed in Theosophy) the civilisation and thus man reached a high level, but at some point due to their creation of chimeras and mucking around with DNA hybridisation, and due to our succumbing to the veiled agendas of dominant alien races, we suffered a "fall" where strands of DNA were sidelined (I believe blocked, but not removed).

What I find interesting is that what we were spoon fed as children and young adults (for me, about 1965-1985) was that civilisation didn't go back beyond 5,000 years (i.e. 3,000BC). We were told the entire Australian Aboriginal existence didn't go back further than 20,000 years. Now it is common knowledge among scientists that modern humans reach back at least 50,000 years, and it is accepted that Australian Aborigines have been present in their current tribal lands for 40,000 - 70,000 years.

I am looking forward to a lot more revelations in the near future about the status of finds that have been "shelved", because of the effect it would have on the spoon-fed paradigm. Soon, the majority of people are going to shout to the rafters: "Tell us! We have a right to know what you know! We won't stand for being cannon-fodder any longer! Our remit on this Earth is more gracious, more expansive, more galactic than that!"
Ya, I see what your saying. I have a problem with the model of early humanoids being scruffy, dirty dumb animals. If they did colonize the Philippines and other islands that would have meant technology like boats and advanced navigation methods. You don't just set out on the ocean and hope to find a new island to colonize. I think they should be given more credit for intelligence, know how and complex social skills, else they wouldn't have survived for so long. Which ties into your comment about the group effort to take down that Rhino. Maybe the hunting party carried with them only bows and arrows and used whatever they could find locally to butcher it. Even today it would take a massive effort to get that animal back to the village. I wish I knew what really happened back then. I find that fascinating.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
And if we are depicting our own ancestors to be "scruffy, dirty dumb animals" what does that make us?O.o:D:D

Reactions: Pucksterguy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)