1. Welcome Guest
    Welcome to the Roundtable Forum, the community boards for www.transients.info. If you have an account already, please log in, otherwise feel free to sign up. Note that you will be unable to post new threads, reply to existing threads, or have access to some boards and information unless you are logged in after signing up with a forum account. By being registered you can also post comments on front page articles using your forum Account.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Crystal Identification — Post your Photo Here

Discussion in 'Crystals & Frequency Support Systems' started by Laron, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Laron

Laron Healing Facilitator & Consciousness Guide Staff Member Administrator Board Moderator Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable

Pinned to the top of the Crystals & Frequency Support Systems board, here is a dedicated thread to help those out there who are trying to identify a crystal.

It’s important to include a photo of the crystal in natural light, so outside is best. When inside you have shadows that cause color changes, but also what surrounds the crystal can influence the way it looks.

I tend to sometimes apply filters and increase the contrast and/or brightness of photos, but make sure you don’t for this purpose, so have an unedited photo, otherwise it makes it harder to identify.

It can also help to have a plain background behind the crystal with your photo. Also, if the crystal is a lighter color, use a darker background, and if it’s a darker colored crystal, use a lighter background.

• A helpful post! A helpful post! x 3
    • That is divine! That is divine! x 1
    • I love this post! I love this post! x 1
  2. Issy

Issy Transient

Hello! Can anyone help me identify these 4 (rather small) crystals? A friend gave them to me a while ago simply because of the colours, and I'd love to know exactly what they are :)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• I like this post. I like this post. x 1
    • That's very magical. That's very magical. x 1
  3. Laron

Laron Healing Facilitator & Consciousness Guide Staff Member Administrator Board Moderator Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable

The orange one is likely a carnelin agate.

The purple I can't identify. It may be dyed. Based on the pattern inside, it can't be an amethyst.

Green is likely a green agate. But its' a bit unusual. With the photos it's hard to tell, slight chance it may also be dyed.

Blue one could be a blue onyx. Otherwise it may also be dyed, but again, hard to tell from the photos.

I suggest you look at the names I included above, then do a google image search and compare the results to the crystals as you can then have a better look at them from turning them around to properly compare them to the photo. In your photos I don't think you were in the sunlight so the colors are a bit different to seeing them in person.

What do you think CrystalSong?

• A helpful post! A helpful post! x 1
  4. CrystalSong

CrystalSong Astute Creature

I think the orange one maybe carnelian, the others look like dyed agate to me. The colors aren't natural, which I think you said as well Laron.

• I agree with you. I agree with you. x 1
    • Thank you. Thank you. x 1
  5. Lila

Lila Realized Sentience Staff Member Global Moderator Board Moderator

Agate is a cool stone with different 'personalities' depending on the type of agate.

Another stone that's often dyed is howlite which is a neat stone too.
    It's easy use for dying as it's natural colour is primarily white, often with grey stripes.

• A helpful post! A helpful post! x 2
  6. Laron

Thanks you two. I have very little experience with dyed crystals, but I sure did learn a lot yesterday when looking into this.

• I love this post! I love this post! x 2