Info Books on Shamanism (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Ohhh yay! Please do. Much as I know that Nature sects have so much crossover I know very little about the workings of Shamanism. If you can post some informative links I'll sticky them. Thank you :D
Here are a few. The last three may not be specifically considered books on Shamanism, but they're from a similar perspective--and seemed close enough in principle for me to include them. I can't remember a great deal about the books as it's been some time since I've read them, but if you're particularly interested in any, just let me know and I can skim through them and give you my impressions. I'd also recommend checking the titles out on Amazon--they have some lengthy and very good reviews. Those were what helped me purchase and read these.

Robert K. Dubiel

The Practical Shaman

Carlos Castaneda

The Active Side Of Infinity

Lujan Matus

Shadows In The Twilight

John Jay Harper

Tranceformers: Shamans Of The 21st Century

Don Miguel Ruiz

The Four Agreements

Jose Luis Stevens

Awaken The Inner Shaman

Keisha Crowther

Message For The Tribe Of Many Colors

John G. Neihardt

Black Elk Speaks

Gregg Braden

Secrets Of The Lost Mode Of Prayer

OP
Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
Here are a few. The last three may not be specifically considered books on Shamanism, but they're from a similar perspective--and seemed close enough in principle for me to include them.
Oh, here's one more in the "similar" category:

Ken Carey

Return Of The Bird Tribes (EXCELLENT book)

Ben

Brother of Awen
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Shrewsbury, UK
Following an extensive list from @Stargazer in another thread, I have moved them into a place of their own that they deserve! Please feel free to add, the more the better!

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
Here are a few. The last three may not be specifically considered books on Shamanism, but they're from a similar perspective--and seemed close enough in principle for me to include them. I can't remember a great deal about the books as it's been some time since I've read them, but if you're particularly interested in any, just let me know and I can skim through them and give you my impressions. I'd also recommend checking the titles out on Amazon--they have some lengthy and very good reviews. Those were what helped me purchase and read these.

Robert K. Dubiel

The Practical Shaman

Carlos Castaneda

The Active Side Of Infinity

Lujan Matus

Shadows In The Twilight

John Jay Harper

Tranceformers: Shamans Of The 21st Century

Don Miguel Ruiz

The Four Agreements

Jose Luis Stevens

Awaken The Inner Shaman

Keisha Crowther

Message For The Tribe Of Many Colors

John G. Neihardt

Black Elk Speaks

Gregg Braden

Secrets Of The Lost Mode Of Prayer

I just finished a book about shamanic journeying. I will make a post tomorrow about it as it was really good and helpful.

Reactions: Lilia and Stargazer
OP
Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
I was just checking out my old "favorites" list on my browser and rediscovered this website, dedicated to Shamanism:

http://www.sacredhoop.org/

They have a free PDF book available (along with their quarterly magazine). I downloaded it (128 pages) but haven't taken a close look at any of it yet. Just figured I'd pass the info on!

:)

Reactions: Theresa W and Laron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)