An Experiment: Do GMO Plants Sing? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
www.lornawilsonqhhthealing.co.uk
All of nature is conscious, and some may even argue that each variety of plants have a collective group higher self/consciousness matrix. The shaman in Peru say that the ikaro's that they sing during ayahuasca ceremonies is the song of the plant that the plants teach them.

This brings to mind of what the implications might be for plants that are manipulated through genetic modification. This short video explores that with surprising results.

This is an experiment conducted by Alexandra Christ. She bought two similar tomato plants, one was GMO. Next she connected a device invented by the Damanhur Community in Italy to the leaves. This device will translate the electrical impulses of plants into music. It is called the "Music of the Plants Machine!" Let's see what happens in this duel of the GMO vs. non GMO plants!

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I've heard about the songs of plants and trees for several years and have tried to get my musician friends to use their equipment to see what happens. I got mostly "you darlin weirdo" looks. Now there is a specific machine - very cool.

I wanted to do experiments with trees and see what happens when children are playing around them versus no one.

So, this experiment suggests that plants are willing to reach out with their hearts to less fortunate plants. I wonder if the introduction of the plant heart song overrides the genetic modification. Can you imagine where that would lead - we could take back our food crops.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Beautiful. I'm a little surprised the gmo plant wasn't able to pick up the song through vibration or... I guess, plant speech.

Reactions: Linda and Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
So, this experiment suggests that plants are willing to reach out with their hearts to less fortunate plants. I wonder if the introduction of the plant heart song overrides the genetic modification. Can you imagine where that would lead - we could take back our food crops.
Oh the potential!

This experiment seems a bit like the 'other side of the coin' to those people who sing to their plants to help them grow. Other people talk about appreciation being another way to help a plant grow. At any rate, plants can sing to people (if an instrument is available) and people can sing to plants.

Reactions: Linda and Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
These were beautiful, harmonious key notes on the octave. What a beautiful way to de-stress.

Reactions: Lila and Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
One of our trees was fatally damaged in a wind storm, so we had to call the tree guys. The night before they came, I went out to the tree to say goodbye and share how much we all loved it. As I placed my hands on the trunk, I felt a tremendous heat. The next morning, as I was standing on the deck, I said goodbye and thanked it for being part of our lives. A big rush of energy flowed over me. So, yes, I've defiantly experienced their energy.

I'm even more motivated to find a synthesizer now.

Reactions: Lila
OP
Lorna Wilson

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
I'm even more motivated to find a synthesizer now.
LOL This video will further motivate you Linda.

In this episode of Sound Builders, we went to Los Angeles, to meet with Mileece. She's a sonic artist and environmental designer who's developed the technology to give silent seedlings a portal to their own sonic expression.

Channeling a plant's sentience into an instrument is no obvious feat. Mileece's background as an audiophile and programmer dovetailed to turn a garden into an organic medium for music. She pulls this off by attaching electrodes to leafy limbs, which conduct the bio-electric emissions coming off living plants. The micro-voltage then gets sucked into her self-authored software, turning data into ambient melodies and harmonic frequencies.

It's simply not enough for these green little squirts to just spit out noise. All this generative organic electronic music must sound beautiful, too. As a renewable energy ambassador, Mileece's larger goal behind her plant music is to enhance our relationship with nature. And if plant music can have a pleasing aesthetic articulation then hopefully we all can give a greater damn about our environment.

While some may see the paradox in an organic medium generating electronic music, Mileece does not. She sees this as a symbiotic relationship, a vital one, and one that hints to a larger relationship she's been trying to unify, which is that between humans and nature.

Reactions: Lila
OP
Lorna Wilson

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
Beautiful. I'm a little surprised the gmo plant wasn't able to pick up the song through vibration or... I guess, plant speech.
That's the problem when we/plants lose our/their identities. We or them do not know who we are. As evidenced in the experiment, the plant needed to remember through resonance.

OP
Lorna Wilson

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
Listen to the Music of your Plants and Trees

Plants Play is a wearable device that allows you to listen to the Music generated by Plants and Trees. Through two electrodes settled on the leaves, Plants Play converts electrical plant variations into musical notes, and send them by bluetooth on your smartphone.

https://www.plantsplay.com/

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
ok now the tread is interesting but from where where the 3 notes i heard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)