All who wander are not lost - they are chasing storms (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Mike Olbinski chases storms along Tornado Alley (center of US) in hopes of getting the perfect photograph. (The title of this post is a quote from his wife.) I enjoy watching the magnificent clouds as they roll through because I’m definitely a “Big Sky” person.

Oblinski uses radar on his phone, a laptop mounted to his truck, and GPS to gauge information about the storm, including its size, movement, and location. While poor visibility, lightning, and violent winds may be a deadly combination, fatalities in the field are rare. Reckless driving and lack of preparedness can actually pose the bigger threat, Olbinski says.

In addition to the photos, there is a short video at the end of the article, which I know you will enjoy. It looks like a cloud ship made it into the montage. So, from those of us in Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona – here is a view of our world.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/destinations/united-states/spellbinding-storm-tornado-supercell-videos/

Last edited:
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
You know, you're right - had not thought about it that way. We also get lots of hail - thought you would like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)