Ad Campaign gone awry (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I don't use Instagram, but lots of people do. Not long ago a young woman, Louise Delage, appeared with a series of photos of her in "cool" social settings with a drink in her hand. On board a yacht with a drink - check; dressed to the nines in a nightclub sipping a drink - check; enjoying a wonderful meal with a drink in her hand - check.

You get the idea - one of the beautiful people having a great time in places most of us don't go, and sipping some kind of cocktail. What's not to like? Judging by the surging number of followers, people were buying it hook, line, and sinker.

You can see this coming, right? The message was not about glorifying alcohol, but about an alcoholic lifestyle. The whole campaign was from a company, Addict Aide, to raise awareness about addiction. It was a tremendous fail until some journalists figured it out.

Hours after the reveal, Addict Aide saw five times more traffic to its site than normal. The story generated over 140 articles and became a trending topic on Twitter in France. Overall, Louise Delage's sad secret won 500,000 total video views across Instagram, YouTube, Facebook and posts by key opinion leaders ... all with zero media investment.

"Hopefully the campaign has served as an eye-opener for some," Xiberras says. "I hope they will contact Addict Aide or other local organizations working to help people struggling with addiction."

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/who-louise-delage-troubling-truth-behind-overnight-instagram-success-173792

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
You can see this coming, right? The message was not about glorifying alcohol, but about an alcoholic lifestyle. The whole campaign was from a company, Addict Aide, to raise awareness about addiction. It was a tremendous fail until some journalists figured it out.

Hours after the reveal, Addict Aide saw five times more traffic to its site than normal. The story generated over 140 articles and became a trending topic on Twitter in France. Overall, Louise Delage's sad secret won 500,000 total video views across Instagram, YouTube, Facebook and posts by key opinion leaders ... all with zero media investment.
We can learn a lot from such tactics in terms of how human psychology functions. I'm constantly keeping an eye and ear open, listening and looking out for better understanding the human psyche to help me with my hypnosis based past life regression sessions.

Reactions: Stargazer and Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)