A reading with the Wild Wood Tarot deck (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
This is a repeat of a post I made on my Facebook account, so some of you may have already seen this.

The Wild Wood Tarot deck is a gift I unwrapped on Christmas day. I shuffled them up for the first time today and the one that I chose, based on what was appropriate to come across at the time, ended up being The Wheel. However, I wanted to have a quick look at every card and pick out a few images that I deemed appealing. Before looking at the writing at the bottom—just the artwork—I found three cards: The Pole Star, the World Tree and the Ten of Stones ( Home), as they all stood out strongly to me.

The Wheel, a Major Arcana card, is all about change and a reminder that we are not a prisoner of fate.

The Pole Star is a Major Arcana card for this deck and symbolizes universe law, higher spiritual knowledge and power. It shows major changes are on the way and new spiritual hope.

The World Tree, also part of the Major Arcana, is a symbol of the conscious bridge between the living macrocosm and the inner universe of the human psyche. It marks the end of one journey for the Wanderer (or the fool) and the beginning of another. This card shows it’s time to bathe in the light of renewal, personal triumph and attainment.

Ten of Stones: Home, is showing the inner and outer community that sustains and supports the individual, which doesn’t have to be blood family but trusted friends, comrades and lovers, who offer security and affection. For some, this card can indicate the location where true love resides and the final destination after a colorful and arduous life journey.

tr.jpg

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
That's a beautiful deck but the most important thing is can you read it?

Reactions: Stargazer and Lila

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I've not identified much with tarot cards - that is until I saw these. Those are pictures of my world.

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
That's a beautiful deck but the most important thing is can you read it?
It comes with a great manual/book. In terms of deviating from the standard tarot format, I think the name changes and new cards work very well so is a good one for someone who may want to expand on Rider-Waite .

Moonseal

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
Northern California
What a beautiful deck. Laron, I'm curious about what they did with cards like 10 of swords or 5 of stones. How do you feel when you read with them?

Reactions: Stargazer
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
What a beautiful deck. Laron, I'm curious about what they did with cards like 10 of swords or 5 of stones. How do you feel when you read with them?
I have only done the above reading and haven't looked at anything else. What I felt is that they didn't lose the essence of what we would expect out of tarot cards and that they were a very good alternative and would function in a similar way, but with the updated artwork which I think can bring so much more meaning to a single card. It all depends on how a person reads the cards of course but I do like to use the symbology in my readings as much as I can.

The official site is here, http://thewildwoodtarot.com/, however I don't immediately see any helpful information on explaining the deck. The amazon page selling this is here with some more info. One review said:

I will start by saying I don't use these for the normal use. I don't do tarot readings. I purchased these cards for the artwork. That being said, I also use this deck with my 'Tarot for Writers' copy to write mythology themed short stories. The art is beautiful, inspiring, and elegant. I was tripped up at first by the changes made to the Major and Minor Arcana, but as you use the deck and examine the cards you'll discover that the parallels to the Rider Waite deck are intuitive. If you're paying attention you'll start to make the connections without realizing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)