A Friend's Most Eloquent Wisdom (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I am in a circle of friends - all women who arrived here in the 1940s and 50s. Geographically, we are spread far and wide and have not met in person. Yet, we found each other through little miracles on the internet. Our love and support for each other runs through many life times. They are my trusted and best friends.

Today, we were writing about issues in our lives, and one of the lovely ladies sent this reply. I felt I must share it with more people.

The older I get — which is plenty old enough, but not as ancient in Earth years as I feel — and the more I become familiar with the wide variety of spiritual teachings available to humanity, the more I think that the only game in this entire Universe is the Loving and Beneficent Challenge to each and every individual soul to practice turning to the Light and calling for Assistance.

So my compassionate (and unrequested) advice to you both — and to both daughters — is to forget the details of the drama, and simply practice calling on the Divine for Assistance. On any level. On all levels. All the time. Wonder what’s the most beneficial thing to eat at this moment? Ask. Feeling crappy physically or emotionally? Ask. Can’t figure out what to do next? Ask. How to solve a personal or planetary problem? Ask. And then listen to your Heart.

If we can just only share that one thing with our kids, and practice that one thing ourselves, for sure it will save us a lot of useless confrontations. It can’t hurt and it might just be the only game in town. I read an advice column yesterday where someone wrote in wondering how to help a friend lost to an obviously abusive relationship, and the professional's advice was to to do nothing except to tell them as often as possible that you are there to help, no questions asked, whenever they ask for help. That’s us. Exactly. All of us.

With much Love and Gratitude to all that you are, and all that you do, for all of us.
W.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
The simplicity and sincerity from this lady are compelling. It took me many decades to learn this simple wisdom, because of my stubborn and rebellious nature. As a rebel against Christianity from a young age, I was against praying, and I didn't like to step into any other traditions either which involved asking or praying. My stubborn side would say: "Ask whom (or what)?" But life showed me, as it is always willing to do, that asking a bigger, compassionate "something/somewhere" was exactly what I should do, and when I did relinquish my stubborn walls, answers came in a flash. It was the first steps into trusting something bigger than I could know, something the small "I" could not comprehend, but something that makes up the alive, electric field of the universe which is compassion beyond understanding.

Only in my 5o's was my heart open enough to take this leap.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
As a synchronous note to my post above, in the way that manifestation often follows shortly on the heels of revelation, we can be tested in soft or hard ways, to see if we really have fully perceived the meaning of our stair step, and in this case I was! After my confident statement above I received a knock on the door on Sunday morning, and it was a young Mum and 2 young daughters at my doorstep to proselytise Christianity. Normally, I take proselytising as an affront, but bearing in mind my statement on the forum, I was able to find a positive way to let them know I wasn't interested, but I applauded the motive that was in their heart. Test taken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)