A burial practice that nourishes the planet | TED Talk (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
"Here's a question we all have to answer sooner or later: What do you want to happen to your body when you die? Mortician and funeral director Caitlin Doughty explores new ways to prepare us for inevitable mortality. In this thoughtful talk, learn more about ideas for burial (like "recomposting" and "conservation burial") that return our bodies back to the earth in an eco-friendly, humble and self-aware way."

Glo

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 24, 2017
Arkansas
What do you want to happen to your body when you die?
This is an excellent idea!! Should have been done a long time ago, I 'd go for it and will check into it a bit further maybe even donate some land for it. I have a pet cemetery here on the property so why not a legal human one? Oh, forgot to tell ya, I worked for a Funeral Home in years past selling pre-planning and was shown all aspects of what happens to a body. Tis very interesting, in the video where she talks about the body farm and the donating of oneself to science...this was new to me, I did not know they were sent to a farm to decay like that. Sounds interesting and thanks for this post, everyone ought to watch, tis very educational.:)

Reactions: Laron and Stargazer
OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
While the world is heading in new directions, hopefully the fear of death is becoming less common, so people may tend to be more open to all these different ways of dealing with it.

Reactions: Stargazer and Glo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)