6 Hardest Video Game Decisions (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Out of Time

Roaming Contributor
Sep 5, 2016
I like video games because they can be a controlled environment in which decisions can be taken, just like in real life. Er, I guess something like that can be said about real life on earth seen through the perspective of the soul.

Anyway, I really liked this overview of several very hard dilemmas players have to choose. Saving your loved one or the whole town the player lives in is probably the most difficult. I guess I would choose the lover and then feel super guilty about it for long eons of time. So I am happy it is just a game and somewhat happier that I haven't even played it, lol.

It seems the screenshot decision sounds a bit nasty, but the context is a bit different, again it is the survival of a whole village against the lives of a few children.

It all sounds a bit like the karmic contracts I've read about, where you are presented with a list of terrible choices for you next life.

Reactions: Laron and Stargazer

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Kobayashi Maru

My first thoughts were not to accept the predicted outcomes. I don't always play by the rules of others if I see a better way.

OP
Out of Time

Out of Time

Roaming Contributor
Sep 5, 2016
I want to add that Maru means "mountain" in Japanese. This is what I learned from watching sumo wrestling :)

Every system needs people who don't play by its rules in order to test it and improve it.

Reactions: Stargazer and Linda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)