20 Mouth-Watering Pumpkin Recipes That Will Get You Excited for Fall (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Glo

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 24, 2017
Arkansas
Hi all, I received this in my personal email today and it sure put me in the mood for Fall and the cooler temps and the pretty colors in nature so I thought I would share it with you and see if it helped you to get in the mood for baking and hay rides and playing in the leaves! :)

Here are some recipes for pumpkin and if you have one that is really delish please add it to the list! I love pumpkin so I listed on of my easy favorites after this list!

https://morningchores.com/pumpkin-recipes/

Glo's Pumpkin Delight

2 pkgs (7oz ea) Sweet Potato Muffin Mix
1 can (15oz) plain pumpkin to moisten batter
1/3 C grape seed oil
3 eggs
1 Tbs vanilla
1 Tbs ginger
1 Tbs pumpkin pie spice
1 ts ginger
1/2 C organic coconut palm sugar

Used heaping everything in the dry spice measurements!
Used oblong cake pan with GS oil, mix and pour in batter and bake at 350 for 30 min or until a butter knife comes out clean. Can frost or not, I don't but my husband will douse honey for sure! YUM

Reactions: helen and June

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
Hi all, I received this in my personal email today and it sure put me in the mood for Fall and the cooler temps and the pretty colors in nature so I thought I would share it with you and see if it helped you to get in the mood for baking and hay rides and playing in the leaves! :)

Here are some recipes for pumpkin and if you have one that is really delish please add it to the list! I love pumpkin so I listed on of my easy favorites after this list!

https://morningchores.com/pumpkin-recipes/

Glo's Pumpkin Delight

2 pkgs (7oz ea) Sweet Potato Muffin Mix
1 can (15oz) plain pumpkin to moisten batter
1/3 C grape seed oil
3 eggs
1 Tbs vanilla
1 Tbs ginger
1 Tbs pumpkin pie spice
1 ts ginger
1/2 C organic coconut palm sugar

Used heaping everything in the dry spice measurements!
Used oblong cake pan with GS oil, mix and pour in batter and bake at 350 for 30 min or until a butter knife comes out clean. Can frost or not, I don't but my husband will douse honey for sure! YUM
I have never tasted pumpkin pie.:(

OP
Glo

Glo

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 24, 2017
Arkansas
I have never tasted pumpkin pie.:(
Hi Miss June, have you ever tried pumpkin? Maybe you guys eat it different, maybe like squash. The sweet potatoes taste a lot like pumpkin if the right spices are added, tis good now that I am older....did not like pumpkin when I was a kid but can't get enough of it now.

Reactions: Stargazer and June

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
Hi Miss June, have you ever tried pumpkin? Maybe you guys eat it different, maybe like squash. The sweet potatoes taste a lot like pumpkin if the right spices are added, tis good now that I am older....did not like pumpkin when I was a kid but can't get enough of it now.
No never tried pumpkin but I like sweet potatoes and really enjoy frozen sweet potato wedges that you just pop in the oven, easy peasy ;)

Reactions: Glo

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I just made a warming butternut squash soup yesterday (coming out of winter here). I did this without a recipe, but I can tell you what I put in it (it also did a good job of clearing the colon overnight!):-

It was the flesh of 2 butternut squash (not huge ones) - steamed.
Chicken stock - about 2 cups.
2 large onions, diced - fried
2 large chunks of fresh ginger, minced - fried
5 pieces of fresh garlic, minced - fried
Tamari sauce - about 1/2 cup
Water - about 1 cup
Ground black whole peppercorns

Pulse with a kitchen stick, or in a blender.

And I served this over steamed rice in the bowl, making sure there was lots of soupy juice to slosh around.

Yum.

Last edited:
Reactions: June and Glo

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I have a teen who says she doesn't like pumpkin, but I'm pretty sure she'll go for your Pumpkin Delight if I frost it! Thanks, Glo!

Reactions: Glo
OP
Glo

Glo

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 24, 2017
Arkansas
It was the flesh of 2 butternut squash (not huge ones) - steamed.
YUMMY this DOES sound good! I love just about every kind of squash, have you tried Acorn squash cut in half and baked with a pat of butter or bacon! Tis also good! I like it plain with a bit of cinnamon! Oh now baked apples sound good also! My mouth is watering for sure now! Got to go fix some breakfast! Have a wondrous day!

Reactions: Snowmelt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)