1. Welcome Guest
    Welcome to the Roundtable Forum, the community boards for www.transients.info. If you have an account already, please log in, otherwise feel free to sign up. Note that you will be unable to post new threads, reply to existing threads, or have access to some boards and information unless you are logged in after signing up with a forum account. By being registered you can also post comments on front page articles using your forum Account.
    Dismiss Notice

20 Mouth-Watering Pumpkin Recipes That Will Get You Excited for Fall

Discussion in 'Homesteading, Horticulture, Permaculture, Prepping' started by Glo, Sep 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Glo

Glo Steadfast Being

Hi all, I received this in my personal email today and it sure put me in the mood for Fall and the cooler temps and the pretty colors in nature so I thought I would share it with you and see if it helped you to get in the mood for baking and hay rides and playing in the leaves! :)

Here are some recipes for pumpkin and if you have one that is really delish please add it to the list! I love pumpkin so I listed on of my easy favorites after this list!

https://morningchores.com/pumpkin-recipes/

Glo's Pumpkin Delight

2 pkgs (7oz ea) Sweet Potato Muffin Mix
    1 can (15oz) plain pumpkin to moisten batter
    1/3 C grape seed oil
    3 eggs
    1 Tbs vanilla
    1 Tbs ginger
    1 Tbs pumpkin pie spice
    1 ts ginger
    1/2 C organic coconut palm sugar

Used heaping everything in the dry spice measurements!
    Used oblong cake pan with GS oil, mix and pour in batter and bake at 350 for 30 min or until a butter knife comes out clean. Can frost or not, I don't but my husband will douse honey for sure! YUM

• I like this post. I like this post. x 2
  2. June

June Boundless Creation

I have never tasted pumpkin pie.:(

3. Glo

Glo Steadfast Being

Hi Miss June, have you ever tried pumpkin? Maybe you guys eat it different, maybe like squash. The sweet potatoes taste a lot like pumpkin if the right spices are added, tis good now that I am older....did not like pumpkin when I was a kid but can't get enough of it now.

• I just love this post! I just love this post! x 2
  4. June

June Boundless Creation

No never tried pumpkin but I like sweet potatoes and really enjoy frozen sweet potato wedges that you just pop in the oven, easy peasy ;)

• I like this post. I like this post. x 1
  5. Hailstones Melt

Hailstones Melt Boundless Creation

I just made a warming butternut squash soup yesterday (coming out of winter here). I did this without a recipe, but I can tell you what I put in it (it also did a good job of clearing the colon overnight!):-

It was the flesh of 2 butternut squash (not huge ones) - steamed.
    Chicken stock - about 2 cups.
    2 large onions, diced - fried
    2 large chunks of fresh ginger, minced - fried
    5 pieces of fresh garlic, minced - fried
    Tamari sauce - about 1/2 cup
    Water - about 1 cup
    Ground black whole peppercorns

Pulse with a kitchen stick, or in a blender.

And I served this over steamed rice in the bowl, making sure there was lots of soupy juice to slosh around.

Yum.

• I like this post. I like this post. x 1
    • I just love this post! I just love this post! x 1
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  6. Hailstones Melt

Hailstones Melt Boundless Creation

I have a teen who says she doesn't like pumpkin, but I'm pretty sure she'll go for your Pumpkin Delight if I frost it! Thanks, Glo!

• I agree with you. I agree with you. x 1
  7. Glo

Glo Steadfast Being

YUMMY this DOES sound good! I love just about every kind of squash, have you tried Acorn squash cut in half and baked with a pat of butter or bacon! Tis also good! I like it plain with a bit of cinnamon! Oh now baked apples sound good also! My mouth is watering for sure now! Got to go fix some breakfast! Have a wondrous day!

• I just love this post! I just love this post! x 1